New House Plan Construction Will Continue to Surge – Exurbs Home Building Accelerating
SCARSDALE, N.Y., Nov. 1, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The Plan Collection, the pioneer of online home design plans, announces its annual home design and building predictions and trend report. Home renovations, sustainability, and AI-driven home technology advances are leading trends in 2024. With 8% mortgage rates and inflated home prices, it’s no surprise many homeowners are choosing to stay put, optimize square footage and add onto their existing homes in 2024. Trends include building ADUs aka “guest houses,” innovative backyard pickleball courts and elevated outdoor living spaces.
When renovation isn’t an option, many are choosing new house plan construction due to the lack of inventory. According to MarketWatch, in September, “U.S. new-home sales just ‘defied gravity,’ surging to highest level since February 2022.”
Home renovations, sustainability, AI-driven home technology advances and new house construction lead trends in 2024.Tweet
“For new construction and floor plan renovations inquiries have been climbing, and we predict it will continue in 2024 as more homeowners are reassessing their current space or unable to find an existing home to purchase,” says The Plan Collection’s Home Design Expert Laurel Vernazza.
Top 2024 house design and building trends include:
AI and Sustainability
- Smart Homes Get Smarter with AI – Alexa, Siri and Google already run millions of homes. In 2024, remote access and the “Internet of Things” (IoT) will evolve into an AI-powered home automation system using tools like ChatGPT to make homes EVEN smarter. Heating and cooling, electricity, security systems, etc., will all have a mind of their own – the new technology will know the home better than the homeowner. The increased automation will also further reduce energy use.
- Sustainability and Locally Sourced Materials – Consumers will continue to make more sustainable decisions and support local businesses. The carbon footprint of purchased home renovation and construction materials is especially influential amongst Millennials and Gen Z.
Renovation Trends Led by Efficiency and Space Optimization
- Triangle Kitchen Design Comeback – For homeowners opting to renovate in 2024, kitchen design will be less about excessive island size and more about floor plan efficiency. While not a new concept, the kitchen triangle design is making a comeback since it maximizes productivity, comfort and safety. Practical kitchen islands incorporated with the triangle design are optimized for seating and prep work rather than as an oversized visual statement.
- Optimizing Existing Outdoor Space – For homeowners needing more space and unable to move in 2024, remodeling existing square footage indoors and outdoors is more cost-effective than adding on to a home. One new trend is the addition of a Backyard Pickleball Court. This new sports sensation will continue to increase in 2024, and homeowners will find a way to install their own pickleball court either in the backyard or more economically on the driveway.
- Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) – Given moving restraints, 2024 will see increased ADU home additions. ADUs are also known as guest houses, garage apartments, granny flats, casitas, backyard bungalows or carriage houses. Designed with a bath and kitchenette, ADUs were traditionally built for additional family and guest housing. Recent zoning approvals allow the space to be used as rentable square footage for Airbnb or tenants. In Jan 2023, The Plan Collection’s year-over-year evaluation revealed a 43% growth of online interest in garages with an apartment.
- Going Up With Elevated Outdoor Living – For homeowners looking to expand outdoor living with limited footprint options, architects and designers are going up in 2024 to create new, raised outdoor spaces such as a second-floor deck, balcony or rooftop lounge.
New Construction Expands Beyond Suburbs
- Exurb Migration Accelerates – With low inventory and high home prices in the suburbs, prospective buyers are increasingly considering new home construction in the exurbs. The WFH office model makes it especially appealing to Millennials and Gen Z families as they can choose newer home styles and larger floor plans while maximizing their budget.
SOURCE The Plan Collection
Humane Launches Ai Pin – Marking A New Beginning for Personal AI Devices
SAN FRANCISCO /PRNewswire/ — Today, Humane Inc fully unveils Ai Pin: the first wearable device and software platform built to harness the full power of artificial intelligence (AI). Ai Pin marks a new beginning for personal consumer technology, offering users the ability to take AI with them everywhere in an entirely new, conversational and screenless form factor. Ai Pin will be available to order in the US from November 16th, starting at $699 for the complete system.
Ai Pin redefines how we interact with AI. Speak to it naturally, use the intuitive touchpad, hold up objects, use gestures, or interact via the pioneering Laser Ink Display projected onto your palm. The unique, screenless user interface is designed to blend into the background, while bringing the power of AI to you in multi-modal and seamless ways.
Ai Pin effortlessly integrates into your daily routine and elevates your interactions with the world around you.
Designed to handle the simple and the complex, Ai Mic supercharges search and quickly finds and contextualizes what you’re looking for. AI-powered messaging can craft messages in your tone of voice, while the Catch Me Up function sorts through the noise of your inbox. New AI-driven music experiences come to life through a partnership with TIDAL* and the AI-powered photographer helps you capture and recall important memories.
Among a growing list of capabilities, Ai Pin can also act as your foreign language interpreter and support your nutrition goals by identifying food using computer vision. As the device and platform evolves with future updates, so do the possibilities it unlocks.
Cosmos: An all-new operating system for the AI era
Cosmos is Humane’s operating system for the AI era, blending intelligent technologies with intuitive interaction and advanced security. An entirely new AI software framework, the Ai Bus, brings Ai Pin to life and removes the need to download, manage, or launch apps. Instead, it quickly understands what you need, connecting you to the right AI experience or service instantly.
Perpetual power – and style
Ai Pin comes in three color options – Eclipse, Equinox, and Lunar – and boasts a unique two-piece design, consisting of the main computer and a battery booster. These are connected magnetically and power wirelessly through clothing and apparel, enabling you to wear Ai Pin in a variety of ways. With its perpetual power system, users can hot swap the battery booster on-the-go, ensuring uninterrupted usage and all-day battery life.
Packed with cutting-edge technology
Despite its compact size, Ai Pin is a powerhouse of new technology. It runs on a Snapdragon®™ processor with a dedicated Qualcomm® AI Engine, enabling the fast and reliable performance needed for AI interactions. Ai Pin is equipped with an ultra-wide RGB camera, depth sensor and motion sensors, allowing the device to see the world as you see it. A unique, personic speaker creates a bubble of sound, offering both intimacy and volume as needed, while Ai Pin can also pair with headphones via Bluetooth.
Privacy at its core
Privacy and transparency are paramount with Ai Pin. The device only activates upon user engagement and does not employ ‘wake words’, ensuring it is not always listening or recording. Ai Pin features a prominent Trust Light which indicates when any sensors are active, which is managed via a dedicated privacy chip. If compromised, Ai Pin will shut down and require professional service from Humane.
Centralized control with Humane.center
To manage and access your data, including photos, videos, and notes, Ai Pin connects to Humane.center. This platform serves as a central hub for your device, ensuring a streamlined interaction from setup to daily use. Upon purchasing Ai Pin, users are invited to onboard via a privacy-protected portal, allowing the device to tailor its services to individual preferences.
Humane’s unique collaborations with Microsoft and OpenAI give Ai Pin access to some of the world’s most powerful AI models and platforms and set the foundation for new capabilities to be added as the technology evolves. Ai Pin is a standalone device and does not need to be paired with a smartphone or other companion device. To provide wireless service for Ai Pin, Humane is launching its own MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) connected by its exclusive U.S. partner, T-Mobile.
Pricing and comprehensive subscription plan
Ai Pin is available starting at $699 for the complete system. This includes the device, two battery boosters, a charge pad, a charge case, a cable and an adapter. For $24 per month, the Humane Subscription includes a dedicated cell phone number for your Ai Pin and unlimited talk, text, and data. This subscription also comes with cloud storage and full access to Humane’s growing suite of Ai-powered services with no limits on the number of queries you can pose.
The device for an AI-powered future
Humane is committed to building a future where AI seamlessly integrates into every aspect of our lives and enhances our daily experiences. The launch of Ai Pin marks the beginning of this journey and the start of an exciting new chapter in AI-powered, personal technology.
Imran Chaudhri and Bethany Bongiorno, Co-Founders, Humane: Ai Pin is the embodiment of our vision to integrate AI into the fabric of daily life, enhancing our capabilities without overshadowing our humanity. We are proud to finally unveil what we and the team at Humane have been working on for the past four years. For us, Ai Pin is just the beginning.
Sam Altman, CEO, OpenAI: We believe in a future where artificial intelligence amplifies human potential, and Humane shares this vision. We’re proud to be partnering with them to harness AI and redefine how we interact with technology — and the world.
Eric Boyd, CVP AI Platform, Microsoft: Our collaboration with Humane embodies Azure’s dedication to empowering transformative ideas. Humane’s innovative approach to technology aligns perfectly with our mission to enable and support game-changing solutions.
John Saw, EVP and Chief Technology Officer, T-Mobile: At T-Mobile we work to be the best in the world at connecting customers to their world, and this Ai Pin is a huge step towards a more connected, AI-informed future. We are thrilled that our network is enabling this new Ai-first experience that Humane is building.
Jeffrey Torrance, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Connected Smart Systems Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.: Our journey with Humane reflects our commitment to pioneering technologies that redefine the boundaries of innovation. Snapdragon powers devices that are intuitively woven into the fabric of daily life. Our collaboration with Humane exemplifies a shared dedication of bringing AI with you everywhere through intelligent, superior computing.
Jesse Dorogusker, CEO, TIDAL: At TIDAL we want to raise the bar of listening experiences for fans and are delighted to be the first music platform to integrate with Humane’s Ai Pin. We’ve partnered with Humane to introduce a seamless way for fans to engage with music wherever they are. Customers can use their Ai pin to play music based on their context, and find the right TIDAL tracks to enhance the moment.
Founded by Imran Chaudhri and Bethany Bongiorno in 2019, Humane is creating the technologies and platforms for the intelligence age. Their first product, the Humane Ai Pin, enables the consumer to take the power of AI with them everywhere. They have partnered with Microsoft, OpenAI, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and T-Mobile in their mission to deliver the next era of personal mobile computing, which will be one driven by AI. For more information, please visit: hu.ma.ne
Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
*TIDAL use requires a HiFi subscription.
Humane Press Contact: Ella Geraerdts – Erlam & Co ([email protected])
SOURCE Humane Inc.
Think Diffusion Revolutionizes AI Art With Comprehensive Stable Diffusion Platforms
HOUSTON (Newswire.com) – Think Diffusion, a leader in AI art technology, is proud to offer a comprehensive suite of Stable Diffusion interfaces for professionals, all in private and dedicated managed workspaces in the cloud. Among these, Automatic1111 (Auto1111) stands out as the most popular and powerful UI in the Stable Diffusion ecosystem. It harnesses SD’s full capabilities, integrating thousands of extensions, models, LoRAs, and Textual Inversions from open source sites like Civitai and HuggingFace.
Auto1111, complemented by ComfyUI, Kohya, and Fooocus, forms a full suite of interfaces catering to all skill levels and goals. These interfaces provide multiple ways to tap into Stable Diffusion’s bleeding-edge capabilities for creating stunning AI imagery and animations.
A Suite of Interfaces for Every Creator
- Automatic1111: The go-to interface for professionals. It offers a vast plugin ecosystem with preinstalled extensions like ADetailer, ReActor faceswap, ControlNet, and many more. Users can create videos using tools like AnimateDiff, Deforum and Wav2Lip Studio.
- ComfyUI: This interface features a flowchart/node-based system, ideal for designing complex workflows. It’s optimized for flexibility and repeatable creative processes.
- Kohya: Perfect for model creators, Kohya allows quick training and fine-tuning of models and LoRAs. It’s specialized in creating style-specific enhancements and embeddings.
- Fooocus: Simplifying art generation, Fooocus lets users prompt and generate art in seconds, ideal for those seeking an easy-to-use, less technical interface.
Introducing TD-XL: A New Standard in AI Art Models
Think Diffusion introduces TD-XL, a new AI art model emphasizing realism and performance. Trained for over 750 hours with meticulous hand-captioning, TD-XL surpasses other models in detail and quality. It’s designed for ease of use, requiring no additional refinements, and is available in the Safetensors format for safety.
Advanced Features and Accessibility
Think Diffusion offers the best cloud experience for Stable Diffusion:
- Simplifies the creative process with no need for expensive hardware or complex installations.
- Run powerful workflows with one-click model uploads and the freedom to install any extensions.
- Offers up to 200GB of personal storage in a private workspace.
- Get a dedicated GPU for every browser window, and run multiple tasks without interruptions.
Think Diffusion’s platform empowers users to run multiple machines simultaneously, each with a unique UI. From model training to experimenting with new workflows, everything is possible even from your phone. The platform is preloaded with popular extensions and models, providing unparalleled flexibility and creativity.
About Think Diffusion
Think Diffusion sets a new standard in AI art creation, providing creative professionals with unparalleled tools and capabilities. Our advanced platform offers an array of features that give users a significant competitive edge in the digital art space. Our commitment to democratizing high-end AI art tools ensures that our users are always at the forefront of innovation.
For more information, visit http://thinkdiffusion.ai
Source: Think Diffusion Inc.
STEPIN, the K-Pop Dance AI Platform, Launches in Over 170 Countries Worldwide
SEOUL, South Korea, Nov. 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Sidewalk Entertainment, an AI startup company based in Seoul, South Korea, has officially launched their K-Pop dance AI platform, STEPIN, across more than 170 countries worldwide, marking their significant entry into the international market.
STEPIN is a K-Pop dance platform that utilizes real-time motion tracking AI technology. Users can play by selecting between Practice and Challenge modes, and the platform offers functions such as dance learning, dance scoring and motion analysis replays. By integrating social media and gaming, the app allows users indulge in K-Pop dance anytime and anywhere.
One of STEPIN’s highlighted features is its scoring through precise movement analysis, which allows users to compete in real-time rankings through scoring. STEPIN sets itself apart from conventional dance games with its ability to accurately track movements using just a smartphone, without the need for any supplementary equipment.
After its initial service launch in Southeast Asia last September, STEPIN’s functionality has been consistently improved based on feedback from local users. And for its global users, the platform now supports nine languages, including English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, and Indonesian.
STEPIN participated as an official sponsor partner in Mnet’s dance competition show ‘Street Woman Fighter 2’. In the final episode aired on Oct 31, members of the Mannequeen crew were seen enjoying the dance score competition on STEPIN. Following the exposure, the app’s download rate has surged by more than 184%.
Kibong Kook, CEO of Sidewalk Entertainment, stated that “STEPIN is a new form of service that applies advanced AI technology to K-Pop dance. With features like scoring and rankings, the enjoyment and fun of K-Pop dance is drastically elevated. We aim to establish a novel trend for a new wave in the worldwide K-pop scene.”
Kibong Kook is a first-generation pro-gamer who played a pivotal role in the early dates of Korea’s esports industry, and he has founded Sidewalk Entertainment as an AI technology-driven startup.
At the moment, STEPIN is hosting the ‘Chili’ dance challenge event within the app, and plans to continuously engage with users around the globe through various events and content in the future.
Company Name: Sidewalk Entertainment
SOURCE Sidewalk Entertainment
Community9 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Entertainment11 months ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Blog10 months ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Automotive9 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers9 months ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog11 months ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day