Nearly 400 Canon Solutions America inkjet customers, partners, and print industry experts attended the eighth annual thINK Ahead 2022 Inkjet Users Conference for learning and networking teamed with fun and health and wellness activities hosted at the newly renovated luxury property, The Boca Raton.
BOCA RATON, Fla. /PRNewswire/ — thINK, an independent community of Canon Solutions America inkjet customers, today announced nearly 400 Canon inkjet customers, partners, and print industry experts came together in Boca Raton, FL for the eighth annual thINK Ahead 2022 Inkjet Users Conference to experience thought provoking keynotes, educational sessions, press demos and networking opportunities. In addition, attendees participated in optional health and wellness activities, all hosted at the newly renovated luxury property, The Boca Raton. (Hear what attendees think of thINK Ahead 2022!)
Highlights from thINK Ahead 2022 included:
- Inspirational Keynote Speakers: thINK Ahead 2022 keynote speakers encouraged attendees to thINK outside the box. First, Enigmatist & Magician David Kwong demonstrated how to bridge the gap between perception and reality to increase our powers of persuasion and influence. Then, Tariq Meyers, Co-Founder and CEO at Untapped and Lyft’s first-ever Head of Inclusion & Diversity, shared what he’s learned about creating belonging and empowerment in the workplace.
- Educational Sessions: Attendees chose from a variety of educational sessions designed to address the challenges and opportunities print industry leaders are facing today. Session topics ranged from addressing the labor shortage and solving supply chain issues to risk management and postal reform.
- Canon Update: Francis A. McMahon, Exec. Vice President, Production Print Solutions, Canon Solutions America and Peter Wolff, Chief Marketing Officer and Sr. Vice President, Canon Production Printing took the stage to share Canon’s strategic vision and the future of print.
- Canon Americas Customer Innovation Center Tour and Press Demos: Attendees visited the Canon Americas Customer Innovation Center to take part in press demos and get an in-depth look at the innovations changing the printing industry.
- Canon Inkjet Print Innovation Wall: From a finished mail product that replicates the look of an envelope (including a poly window) to address the envelope shortage to impressive finishing techniques and full-color, variable data print showcasing the quality of Canon inkjet, thINK Ahead attendees were inspired by the Canon Inkjet Print Innovation wall. Take a look at what they saw and get inspired!
- Partner Pavilion: Attendees enjoyed dynamic, engaging conversations, and tapped into the expertise of Canon Solutions America inkjet partners in the thINK Ahead Partner Pavilion.
- Inspirational Closing Keynote: Attendees left inspired by the closing keynote from Francis A. McMahon, Exec. Vice President, Production Print Solutions, Canon Solutions America. In his keynote entitled, “Leadership: Inspiration, Influence, Perspective,” McMahon shared the importance of leadership and best practices to create dynamic, high performing teams.
- Fun, Networking, and Health and Wellness Activities: From the Cabana Nights poolside dinner party to optional health and wellness activities including pickleball, yoga and an historical tour of The Boca Raton, attendees were able to connect with one another personally and professionally.
In addition to the great learning and networking, the thINK Ahead attendees donated more than $16,000 over the three-day event to the thINK Peace fundraiser campaign to support the children of Ukraine. “Our nation is divided on so many issues, but one thing we are not divided on is the war in Ukraine,” Francis A. McMahon, Executive Vice President of Canon Solutions America shared with thINK Ahead attendees, encouraging them to participate in the thINK Peace fundraiser. Attendees that donated received a free thINK Peace t-shirt. Donations are still being accepted on thINKForum.com.
“Each and every year the thINK Board collectively agrees, ‘it was the best thINK Ahead ever’ — and we all truly believe that; it just seems to get better and better every year. To hear customers and thINK Ahead partners say the same thing is very rewarding,” said Todd Roth, thINK Board President. “We look forward to seeing everyone back in Boca again next July for thINK Ahead 2023!”
thINK Ahead 2022 earned rave reviews from attendees and sponsors alike:
“I thought the USPS 10-year Plan and Postal reform session was excellent. Postal is one of the biggest opportunities we have, and there were many ideas that came from that session that can lead to great strategy shifts for our company and clients,” said John Barthen, Chief Operating Officer, ComGraphics. “Three of us from ComGraphics came to thINK Ahead 2022 and what we’ve learned is that we have not been using everything Canon and the thINK community offers us to our fullest advantage, and we are going to change that. There are multiple resources we can tap into that can help us accelerate our business and we intend to do that,” added Sr. Account Executive Ben Hendrikse. (View the video of thINK Member benefits).
“I’m not a sociable person, but I did more socializing in the three days at thINK Ahead than I’ve done in years. The people here are just so friendly and easy to talk to, and we all have so much in common. It’s interesting to hear others sharing frustrations that I faced many years ago, and I find it easy to mentor them on their journey, while others I talk to do the same for me, opening up new ideas for how I might address the challenges I’m dealing with today. It’s just an amazing community dynamic that is great to witness and be a part of,” said Matt Morgan, K&H Printing.
“It’s great to see the thINK community all back together again—and it is obvious others feel the same; it’s an amazing turnout! We sponsor thINK Ahead every year because our customers are here, and they expect us to be here. As busy business leaders, they want to be efficient with their time and learn about our new technologies while they learn about print industry trends and ways to enhance their business,” said Hank Martin, Manager Strategic Partnerships, with Platinum Partner BCC Software. “Anything we can do to enhance our customers’ experience, we want to do. We are here to support them and have been here every year since the thINK community started eight years ago.”
About thINK Forum
thINK is an independent community of Canon Solutions America inkjet customers, solution partners, and print industry experts, and Canon Solutions America is a proud executive sponsor. Led by some of the most successful inkjet service providers in the country, it provides a forum for members to network, gain knowledge, discuss common challenges, and share best practices. For more information, visit thinkforum.com.
Canon is a registered trademark of Canon Inc. in the United States and elsewhere. All other referenced product names and marks are trademarks of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Hyundai Motor Group Art Cars Rally in Paris to Support Busan’s Final Bid to Host 2030 World Expo
SEOUL/PARIS – Hyundai Motor Group (the Group) is rolling out a fleet of art cars in Paris, France, from November 23–28, in a final drive to promote Busan, South Korea’s bid to host the 2030 World Expo. The voting for that honor will take place at the 173rd General Assembly of the BIE in Paris on November 28.
The Group is providing the Korean delegation with 10 Hyundai IONIQ 6 and Kia EV6, all-electric models, wrapped in a colorful graffiti design featuring symbols of Busan, such as seagulls and the Gwangan Bridge, as well as the slogan ‘BUSAN is Ready.’
The 173rd General Assembly of the BIE will see final presentations from each of the three candidate cities — Busan, South Korea; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; and Rome, Italy — elected via secret ballot by each BIE Member State.
For this final campaign, the Group selected IONIQ 6 and EV6 to emphasize Busan’s commitment to hosting a carbon-neutral World Expo under the theme ‘Transforming Our World, Navigating Toward a Better Future.’
The art car fleet will tour major attractions, such as the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre, as well as areas near the BIE headquarters and the embassies of various countries, promoting Busan’s bid to key officials from BIE member countries and tourists from around the world.
On November 28, the day of the 173rd General Assembly of the BIE, the Group will operate an art car around Le Palais des Congrès d’Issy, the venue of the General Assembly. It will make every effort to win the support of BIE members until the vote is cast.
The Group is running outdoor video advertisements highlighting Busan’s charms on a large scale through 270 digital screens located in major areas of Paris during the month of November. The art cars were also used during the Busan Expo Symposium and K-POP concert held in Paris last month to further promote Busan’s bid.
In addition, the Group’s art cars traveled to major international events, such as the APEC Economic Leaders’ Week in San Francisco, the UN General Assembly in New York, the G20 Summit in New Delhi, India, and the ASEAN Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Group has actively promoted the Busan World Expo at home and abroad in the digital realm, publishing more than 90 pieces of global content, such as short form videos and card news, to proclaim that Busan is the best city to host the 2030 World Expo.
The ‘Busan Initiative with the Whole World,’ a promotional video for the Busan World Expo that the Group released last month, exceeded 100 million views within 17 days of its release, contributing to the promotion of South Korea’s desire to host the event and Busan’s competitiveness.
10 Backyarding Trends for 2024: The TurfMutt Foundation Shares Its Predictions
ALEXANDRIA, Va. /PRNewswire/ — “Backyarding” – the act of taking activities typically associated with the indoors outside into the green space around us – will continue taking root in 2024, according to the TurfMutt Foundation, which advocates for the care and use of green space, including our own backyards, community parks, green space, and school yards. But next year, the TurfMutt Foundation expects the practice of “backyarding” to evolve into an ongoing sustainability practice.
As outdoor living has become incorporated into daily life, homeowners are taking care to design cohesive outdoor spaces.Tweet
“Now more than ever, homeowners are recognizing the power of their yards and parks doing environmental good, as well as benefitting their health and well-being,” says Kris Kiser, president and CEO of the TurfMutt Foundation and its parent organization the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI). “Homeowners are making improvements in their yards with many goals in mind, thinking about what’s good for their families, pets, and our planet.”
The TurfMutt Foundation predicts these 10 backyarding trends for 2024:
- Improving Existing Space (Rather Than Moving to a New One). High interest rates and low housing inventory mean more homeowners have chosen to renovate rather than move into a new home. With interior improvements complete, the focus turns to backyard improvements that customize the outdoor space and artfully merge indoor and outdoor living.
- Seeking a Home Near a Park or Nature. Even homeowners looking to downsize still want to maintain a connection with nature. They know backyarding can happen in any size yard and seek additional connection to nature through community parks, school yards, and other green space.
- Return of Neighborhood Parties…in the Backyard. Over the last several years, homeowners have invested in their outdoor living areas, and now they are using that space to bring back neighborhood block parties in their own backyards.
- Creating a Backyard Oasis for Fun. From parents looking for ways to lure their kids away from screens to neighbors wanting to connect with friends, homeowners are turning their backyards into a place for fun and games. Some go all out to install a pool or pickleball court while others take a simpler approach like designating a strip of grass for cornhole or a small soccer pitch.
- Taking Better Care of Living Landscapes. Since homeowners have come to value their lawns, trees, and plants more than ever, they are investing in their care like never before. This means investing in equipment for DIY work and calling in professionals, as needed, for pruning, rescuing diseased trees, and revitalizing turfgrass, just to name a few.
- Choosing Real Grass. The trend of ripping out real grass and replacing it with fake, plastic alternatives is fading as homeowners and communities recognize the limitations – and downsides – of plastic grass. Synthetic turf is hard to clean, hot on feet and paws, and difficult to recycle.
- Planting for Pollinators. Once a niche practice, planting for pollinator support is omnipresent. Homeowners understand the importance of their backyards to provide food and shelter to pollinators like birds, butterflies, and bats year-round. And they are selecting plants for their yards with pollinators in mind.
- Adding Drought Tolerant Plants. Plants that are especially adapted to drier landscapes are better for water-stressed areas in our environment. Homeowners are doing their research and selecting plants that will thrive in their micro-climates.
- Mixing Materials. As outdoor living has become incorporated into daily life, homeowners are taking care to design cohesive outdoor spaces. They factor in landscaping, hardscaping (patios, outdoor kitchens, etc.), and natural aesthetics (trees, boulders, etc.).
- Backyard Birding. The birdwatching craze really took flight during the pandemic, but it’s not a fleeting fad. Birdwatching is not only relaxing; it is a great way to connect with the nature right outside our back doors.
For more, sign up for Mutt Mail, a monthly e-newsletter with backyarding tips and all the news from the TurfMutt Foundation here. To learn more about creating the yard of your dreams, visit TurfMutt.com. Look for Mulligan the TurfMutt on the CBS Lucky Dog television show.
TurfMutt was created by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute’s (OPEI) TurfMutt Foundation and has reached more than 70 million children, educators and families since 2009. Championed by Foundation spokesdog, Mulligan the TurfMutt, and through education partners such as Weekly Reader, Discovery Education and Scholastic, TurfMutt has taught students and teachers how to “save the planet, one yard at a time.” Today, TurfMutt is an official USGBC® Education Partner and part of their global LEARNING LAB. TurfMutt has been an education resource at the U.S. Department of Education’s Green Ribbon Schools, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Green Apple, the Center for Green Schools, the Outdoors Alliance for Kids, the National Energy Education Development (NEED) project, Climate Change Live, Petfinder and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. In 2017, the TurfMutt animated video series won the coveted Cynopsis Kids Imagination Award for Best Interstitial Series. TurfMutt’s personal, home habitat was featured in the 2017-2020 Wildlife Habitat Council calendars. More information at www.TurfMutt.com.
SOURCE TurfMutt Foundation
Active Adult Community Everleigh Deerfield Begins Pre-leasing
FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. /PRNewswire/ — Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC (“Greystar”), a global leader in the investment, development, and management of real estate, including rental housing, logistics and life sciences, today announced that the latest Everleigh-branded active adult community Everleigh Deerfield, developed in partnership with SofMac, is now accepting pre-leases.
“Everleigh Deerfield is the type of active adult community that is in high demand, especially in a desirable area like Forsyth County,” John Roberson, Managing Director – Greystar Atlanta said. “Our Everleigh communities embrace a commitment to our residents’ wellness through programming that embraces health and fitness and social wellbeing with activities that touch on spiritual awareness, environmental stewardship, intellectual inquiry, emotional health and artistry.”
The community offers floorplans in studio, one- and two-bedroom layouts that range from 656 sq. ft. to 1,728 sq. ft. Apartment homes will feature granite counter tops, tile backsplashes, stainless steel appliances, wood plank-style flooring, full-size washer and dryer, designer lighting, tiled showers, plush carpeting in bedrooms and private balconies available in select units.
Everleigh Deerfield’s amenity offering is headlined by a pickleball court. Other amenities include a fitness center, dog park, creative arts studio, community garden, game room, outdoor grills and tech lounge.
The community is close to Avalon, a regional mixed-use development, that has more than 500,000 sq. ft. of upscale retail and restaurants. Halcyon Village, just two miles from Everleigh Deerfield, is another mixed-use development nearby that has breweries, restaurants, shops and coworking space. Nearby employers include Microsoft, T-Mobile, AT&T, GE, Northside Hospital and Kaiser Permanente.
Greystar launched the Everleigh by Greystar brand in 2017 with a focus on delivering a high-quality living experience for 55+ active adults, with sophisticated spaces and a unique environment that encourages continued growth, connection and vitality.
Everleigh Deerfield is scheduled to open in Summer 2024. For more information, please visit liveeverleigh.com/communities/Deerfield.
Greystar is a leading, fully integrated global real estate company offering expertise in property management, investment management, development, and construction services in institutional-quality rental housing, logistics, and life sciences sectors. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Greystar manages and operates more than $275 billion of real estate in 238 markets globally with offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and the Asia-Pacific region. Greystar is the largest operator of apartments in the United States, manages more than 803,000 units/beds globally, and has a robust institutional investment management platform comprised of more than $74 billion of assets under management, including nearly $32 billion of development assets. Greystar was founded by Bob Faith in 1993 to become a provider of world-class service in the rental residential real estate business. To learn more, visit www.greystar.com.
SofMac Partners is an investment manager and developer mandated by private investors and select institutional investors to gain exposure to targeted rental housing sectors in growth markets in the U.S. In partnership with Greystar, SofMac has eight projects in different stages of development representing over US$300m in AUM.
Community9 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Entertainment12 months ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Blog10 months ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Automotive9 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers10 months ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog11 months ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day