National Cheese Day is celebrated every year on June 4th, and it’s a day when cheese lovers all around the world rejoice and indulge in their favorite cheesy delights. Cheese has been a beloved food staple for centuries, and it’s no wonder why – it’s delicious, versatile, and can be enjoyed in so many different ways.
Cheese is made from milk, and there are countless varieties of cheese available, each with its own unique taste, texture, and aroma. From tangy cheddar to creamy brie, there’s a cheese out there for everyone. Cheese is also a great source of calcium and protein, making it a healthy addition to any diet in moderation.
On National Cheese Day, people celebrate by trying out new cheese recipes, hosting cheese-tasting parties, and indulging in their favorite cheesy dishes. Whether you’re a fan of grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, or pizza, there’s no shortage of delicious cheese-based recipes to try.
One of the best things about cheese is its versatility. It can be melted, grated, sliced, or crumbled, making it a great ingredient to use in a variety of dishes. For example, you can use shredded cheese to make a delicious quesadilla or sprinkle grated cheese on top of a salad for added flavor. Cheese can also be used as a delicious topping for burgers, sandwiches, and even tacos.
If you’re a fan of cheese, there are plenty of ways to celebrate National Cheese Day. You can visit your local cheese shop and try out different varieties of cheese, or you can host a cheese-tasting party with friends and family. You can also try out new cheese recipes, such as a homemade mac and cheese or a cheesy pizza.
National Cheese Day is a day to celebrate one of the most beloved foods in the world. Whether you’re a fan of sharp cheddar, creamy brie, or tangy goat cheese, there’s a cheese out there for everyone. So, why not take some time on June 4th to indulge in your favorite cheesy dishes and celebrate the deliciousness that is cheese?
The Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese Casserole: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Comfort Dish
Indulge in the ultimate macaroni and cheese casserole recipe with healthy alternatives and a variety of cheese options
Macaroni and cheese casserole is a timeless favorite that brings us warmth and comfort. This article will guide you through creating the best macaroni and cheese casserole while offering alternative ideas, including healthy recipes and suggestions for the best cheese varieties to elevate your dish. Get ready to indulge in a cheesy, creamy, and unforgettable experience!
- 1 pound (450g) elbow macaroni
- 4 cups (960ml) whole milk
- 4 tablespoons (56g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (200g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (100g) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup (100g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for a spicy kick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (100g) breadcrumbs (optional, for a crispy topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 9×13-inch (23x33cm) baking dish.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk continuously for about 2 minutes to make a roux.
- Gradually pour in the milk while whisking constantly to create a smooth sauce. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens, usually about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the shredded cheddar, Gruyere, and Parmesan cheeses. Stir until the cheeses have melted and the sauce is smooth. Add the mustard powder, cayenne pepper (if desired), salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese mixture into the greased baking dish. If desired, sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over the top for a crispy topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the casserole is bubbly.
- Healthy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole:
- Replace regular elbow macaroni with whole wheat or gluten-free pasta.
- Use low-fat milk or unsweetened almond milk instead of whole milk.
- Opt for reduced-fat cheese varieties or experiment with a combination of part-skim mozzarella and sharp cheddar.
- Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese Casserole:
- Add sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, or roasted garlic to the cheese sauce for extra depth of flavor.
- Incorporate cooked bacon, diced ham, or shredded rotisserie chicken for a protein-packed twist.
- Experiment with different cheese combinations, such as smoked Gouda, fontina, or blue cheese.
Choosing the Best Cheese:
- Sharp cheddar: Offers a rich and tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with macaroni.
- Gruyere: Adds a nutty and slightly sweet taste, creating a creamy and smooth texture.
- Parmesan: Provides a savory and salty note that enhances the overall depth of flavor.
With this recipe, you’ll be able to create a mouthwatering macaroni and cheese casserole that’s sure to please. Whether you’re looking for a healthy alternative or want to explore gourmet variations, the possibilities are endless. Don’t forget to experiment with different cheese combinations to find your personal favorite. Enjoy the cheesy goodness and savor every bite of this ultimate comfort dish!
Check out Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-casserole/
Crunchy Delights: Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips in the Air Fryer
Make crispy homemade tortilla chips in the air fryer—a quick and easy recipe for irresistible snacks!
If you’re a fan of crispy, flavorful snacks, then homemade corn tortilla chips made in the air fryer are a must-try! With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you can enjoy the irresistible taste of freshly made tortilla chips right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Let’s dive into this easy and delicious recipe!
- Corn tortillas (preferably 6-inch size)
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt (to taste)
- Optional toppings: chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, or any of your favorite seasonings
- Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). This will ensure your tortilla chips cook evenly and become beautifully crisp.
- Cut the Tortillas:
Stack the corn tortillas together and cut them into triangular or rectangular shapes, depending on your preference. You can cut multiple tortillas at once to save time.
- Prepare the Tortilla Chips:
Place the cut tortilla pieces in a mixing bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil or lightly coat them with cooking spray. Toss the tortillas gently to evenly distribute the oil. This step helps the chips turn golden and crispy.
- Season the Chips (Optional):
If you want to add some extra flavor, sprinkle your favorite seasonings like salt, chili powder, paprika, cumin, or garlic powder over the oiled tortilla chips. Toss them again to ensure even distribution.
- Air Fry the Tortilla Chips:
Arrange the seasoned tortilla chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket. If needed, you may need to cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding. Air fry for about 6-8 minutes, or until the chips become golden brown and crispy. Remember to flip or shake the basket halfway through cooking for even browning.
- Cool and Serve:
Once the chips are cooked to perfection, transfer them to a cooling rack or paper towel-lined plate to cool down and remove excess oil. As they cool, they will become even crunchier. Serve the freshly made tortilla chips with your favorite dips, salsa, guacamole, or enjoy them on their own!
- Experiment with different seasonings to create a variety of flavors.
- Keep an eye on the chips while cooking, as cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer model and tortilla thickness.
- Store any leftover tortilla chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Making homemade corn tortilla chips in the air fryer is a fantastic way to enjoy a healthier version of this classic snack. With their irresistible crunch and customizable seasonings, these chips are perfect for parties, movie nights, or anytime you’re craving a satisfying treat. So grab your air fryer and indulge in the delectable goodness of these homemade tortilla chips that are sure to impress your taste buds!
Take a look at these recipe suggestions. https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_homemade_tortilla_chips/
Solve Winter Blues with Cozy Recipes
(Family Features) Cozying up with a bowl of warm deliciousness is a perfect way to ward off the chill of winter, and it’s made even better when shared with those you love. Turning to favorite chilis and soups with comforting ingredients and smoky spices can transport your family from snow and sleet to warmth and paradise.
Smoky German Potato, Sausage and Bacon Chili offers a reprieve from the cold with hearty flavor and family favorites seasoned with chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper for classic taste with a twist. The thinly sliced potatoes and bacon of READ German Potato Salad in a sweet-piquant dressing provide a delicious new take on traditional chili.
A bit on the lighter side but equally satisfying, Tuscan 3 Bean Peasant Soup calls for shallots, diced tomatoes, spinach, cannellini beans, cooked small pasta and more for a true winter warmup. Served with toasted bread cubes, it’s sure to warm loved ones up from the inside out.
Its key ingredient is Aunt Nellie’s 3 Bean Salad, featuring premium green, wax and kidney beans in a light, sweet-tangy vinegar dressing. As a ready-to-eat solution, it can be served chilled, at room temperature or as part of comforting winter recipes.
Smoky German Potato, Sausage and Bacon Chili
Recipe courtesy of “Dad with a Pan” on behalf of READ
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 4 strips thick bacon, cut into cubes
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced into 1-inch segments
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Fresno peppers, diced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can READ German Potato Salad, drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- n large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside, leaving about 2 tablespoons drippings in saucepan.
- Add smoked sausage and cook until browned.
- Once sausage is cooked, add diced onion and minced garlic, cooking until onion is translucent.
- Drain excess fat then stir in chili powder, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano and Fresno peppers until well mixed.
- Add drained diced tomatoes, German potato salad and cooked bacon to saucepan.
- Add beef broth and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring mixture to simmer and let cook about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are melded.
Substitution: Jalapenos can be used for Fresno peppers.
Tuscan 3 Bean Peasant Soup
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Meuser on behalf of Aunt Nellie’s
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 27 minutes
- 10 ounces day-old crusty bread, such as ciabatta, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling (optional)
- 2 medium shallots or 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup small pasta, such as ditalini, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen cut leaf spinach or chopped fresh spinach
- 2 jars (15 1/2 ounces each) Aunt Nellie’s 3 Bean Salad, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place bread cubes in single layer on large baking pan. Bake until bread cubes are lightly browned, 8-12 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil; swirl to coat. Add shallots; cook 5 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add cannellini beans, tomatoes, broth and black pepper; bring to boil. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes, or according to package directions. Stir in spinach and bean salad. Simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Ladle soup evenly into bowls. Top with toasted bread cubes and lemon zest, if desired. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
Community9 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Entertainment11 months ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Blog10 months ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Automotive9 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers9 months ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog11 months ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day