Crab legs are a seafood delicacy that deserves the utmost attention when it comes to preparation. In this recipe blog post, we will guide you through the best way to cook crab legs, ensuring they are tender, flavorful, and ready to be enjoyed. Additionally, we’ll provide you with some delectable side dish suggestions to complement this seafood feast. Let’s dive in!
Cooking the Crab Legs:
- Start by thawing the crab legs if they are frozen. Place them in the refrigerator overnight or submerge them in cold water until completely thawed.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a rolling boil. Season the water with salt, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a bay leaf for added flavor.
- Carefully add the crab legs to the boiling water and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, ensuring the legs are fully immersed.
- Once cooked, remove the legs from the pot using tongs and transfer them to a platter. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Delicious Side Dish Suggestions:
- Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan, add minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant. Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice, chopped parsley, and a pinch of salt. Serve as a dipping sauce for the crab legs.
- Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad: Toss fresh corn kernels and diced avocado with cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Serve chilled alongside the crab legs for a refreshing contrast.
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes: Cut baby potatoes into halves and toss them with olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Roast in the oven until golden and crispy. These potatoes make a fantastic accompaniment to the crab legs.
- Grilled Asparagus: Drizzle asparagus spears with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill until tender and slightly charred. Serve alongside the crab legs for a nutritious and flavorful side dish.
Cooking crab legs to perfection is a simple process that yields incredible results. By following these steps, you’ll enjoy succulent, flavorful crab legs that will impress your family and friends. Pair them with the suggested side dishes for a complete and unforgettable seafood feast. Bon appétit!
Food and Drink: https://stmdailynews.com/category/food-and-beverage/
Island Fin Poké Co. Spreads the Poké Love on International Poké Day with an IncrediBOWL Offer
ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 21, 2023 /PRNewswire/ –The poké craze is sweeping the nation, and Island Fin Poké Co. is taking the lead in celebrating this beloved Hawaiian dish on International Poké Day this Thursday, September 28th. As America’s favorite poké destination, Island Fin Poké Co. is thrilled to announce an IncrediBOWL offer that will make this day truly special: Buy One Poké Bowl, Get One 50% Off!
This Poké Day promotion is meant to be shared with friends and loved ones, echoing the brand’s philosophy of Ohana.Tweet
Island Fin Poké Co. has earned its reputation through an unwavering commitment to excellence and an authentic passion for poké. Renowned for its Hawaiian-style poké bowls, customized to satisfy every palate, Island Fin offers more than just a meal; it offers a lifestyle built on the values of family and community. This International Poké Day promotion is designed to be shared with friends and loved ones, echoing the brand’s philosophy of Ohana, and to give their guests an invitation to partake in an IncrediBOWL experience where they can savor the finest poké bowls with the people who matter most.
Mark Setterington, CEO and founder of Island Fin Poké Co., shares his excitement for the event, stating, “On International Poké Day, we’re not just serving poké; we’re serving an experience that transports you to the shores of Hawaii with every bowl. It’s a day when we share our passion for poké with friends and your Ohana, celebrate our commitment to the freshness of our poké and our dedication to our community. So, join us, and together, we can experience bold and exciting flavors in every single delicious bite.”
At every Island Fin Poké Co. location, guests are treated to a multi-sensory journey. Each poké bowl is meticulously crafted by the dedicated team members to cater to individual preferences. The menu has an array of eight protein options, including chicken, tofu, spam and traditional fish choices, such as the freshest boat-to-bowl tuna, salmon, shrimp and octopus. Most importantly, senses are heightened with the incredibly fresh combinations of flavors of poké, toppings, mix-ins and handcrafted sauces in every flavorful bite.
Island Fin Poké Co. distinguishes itself with a unique dining experience, free from trash cans or dining trays in the dining room. Team members serve each guest’s food and clear empty dishes and trash at the end of every meal, creating a truly memorable dining experience. The brand is also proud to offer a wide range of gluten-free options to accommodate various dietary preferences.
Because their poké bowls are paramount in freshness, flavor and ingredients, the brand has been recognized and celebrated through several noteworthy awards over the last six years. Most recently, they are ranked #29 on the 2023 Top New & Emerging Franchises list by Entrepreneur Magazine, a leading online franchise publication, and they were recognized as a top 100 Game Changer for 2022 by Franchise Dictionary Magazine. To be recognized, the brand had to fulfill an assortment of criteria, including impressing millennials, making an impact, serving their community, creating an opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs and filling a niche.
Island Fin Poké Co. invites all to celebrate this exciting Poké Day with this Buy One, Get One 50% Off promotion on September 28. It promises an incredible dining experience, bringing the heart of the islands to each and every guest.
For more information, visit Island Fin Poké Co.’s website at www.IslandFinPoke.com
SOURCE Island Fin Poké Co.
Quick, Easy Recipes to Add to Your Dinner Rotation: Simple, nutritious meals to make more time for family
Making time for meals together can have a positive impact on the well-being of families, including children and adolescents.
(Family Features) Making time for meals together can have a positive impact on the well-being of families, including children and adolescents. In fact, regular meals at home can help reduce stress and boost self-esteem, according to research published in “Canadian Family Physician.”
Mealtime conversations are also a perfect opportunity to connect with your loved ones. A study published in “New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development” showed these conversations help improve children’s vocabularies more than being read aloud to.
Making time for meals together shouldn’t require spending all night in the kitchen, however. A simple-to-prepare ingredient like eggs can help you spend less time cooking and more time with family.
For example, these heart-healthy recipes for Poached Egg Tostadas with Avocado-Tomatillo Salsa, Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs and Poblano Frittata from the Healthy for Good Eat Smart initiative, nationally supported by Eggland’s Best, are ready in 15 minutes or less. They include a wide variety of vegetables, fruit, whole grains and healthy protein sources, which are recommended by the American Heart Association to help prevent heart disease and stroke.
To find more tips for family mealtimes and recipe inspiration, visit heart.org/eatsmart.
Poached Egg Tostadas with Avocado-Tomatillo Salsa
Servings: 4 (1 egg and 1/2 cup salsa per serving)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium Anaheim or poblano pepper, seeds and ribs discarded, diced
- 1 medium tomatillo, papery husk discarded, washed and diced
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange tortillas in single layer on foil. Lightly spray tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Using fork, pierce tortillas to prevent from filling with air. Bake 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to serving plates.
- In large skillet over high heat, bring water and vinegar to boil.
- Once water is boiling, reduce heat and simmer. Break egg into cup then carefully slip egg into simmering water. Repeat with remaining eggs, avoiding eggs touching in water. Simmer 3-5 minutes, or until egg whites are completely set and yolks are beginning to set but aren’t hard. Using slotted spoon, drain eggs. Place each egg on tostada.
- To make salsa: In medium bowl, gently stir together avocado, pepper, tomatillo, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt. Serve with tostadas.
Nutritional information per serving: 185 calories; 11 g total fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 3 g polyunsaturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat; 186 mg cholesterol; 169 mg sodium; 15 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber; 2 g total sugars; 9 g protein.
Servings: 4 (2 wedges per serving)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium poblano peppers, seeds and ribs discarded, chopped
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Cotija cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cilantro.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil, swirling to coat bottom of skillet. Cook poblano peppers 3 minutes, or until browning on edges, stirring frequently.
- Stir in corn and green onion. Reduce heat to medium-low and carefully pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 10 minutes, or until mixture is just set on edges and still soft in center. Avoid overcooking. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into eight wedges. Place two wedges on each plate. Top with tomatoes and sour cream.
Nutritional information per serving: 244 calories; 8.5 g total fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 1.5 g polyunsaturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat; 192 mg cholesterol; 177 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrates; 4 g fiber; 8 g total sugars; 13 g protein.
Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
Servings: 4 (1 cup per serving)
- 2 teaspoons canola or corn oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free, low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In pressure cooker set on saute, heat oil. Cook onion 3 minutes, or until soft, stirring frequently. Turn off pressure cooker.
- Stir in potatoes, bell pepper, broth, garlic, paprika, cumin, thyme, pepper and salt. Secure lid. Cook on high pressure 3 minutes. Quickly release pressure. Turn off pressure cooker.
- Remove pressure cooker lid. Crack one egg into small bowl. Using back of spoon, make small well in potatoes. Slip egg into well. Repeat with remaining eggs, making separate well for each egg. Secure lid with pressure vent open. Saute 2 minutes. Let stand on “keep warm” setting 2 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to desired consistency.
- Serve hash sprinkled with dash of hot pepper sauce, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: 258 calories; 7.5 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 1.5 g polyunsaturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat; 186 mg cholesterol; 244 mg sodium; 39 g carbohydrates; 6 g fiber; 9 g total sugars; 10 g protein.
American Heart Association
HARBOR WHOLESALE COMPLETES THE REBRAND OF MTC DISTRIBUTING
LACEY, Wash. /PRNewswire/ — The West Coast’s largest independent family-owned convenience distribution company, Harbor Wholesale, completed the rebranding of MTC Distributing in Modesto, CA, to Harbor Wholesale. Rick Jensen, President of Harbor Wholesale, states, “We are excited to mark today with the official rebranding of MTC Distributing to Harbor Wholesale, bringing two multigenerational 100-year-old family-owned companies under one banner. This day honors the legacy of MTC and carries forward the vision and compassion of the former owner, Tom Eakin, securing the 265 employees a future within the Harbor Family. It’s more than just a rebranding; it’s a celebration of new beginnings and enduring legacies.” Going forward, MTC Distributing will operate as Harbor Wholesale’s Modesto Distribution Center. Modesto remains under the leadership of the current Branch President, Noel Chavez, who says, “We have completed the rebranding process to Harbor, from the colors on our building to trucks and trailers, and our sales materials. It is exciting to see the new changes while driving down the freeways in California and see our trucks and trailers branded Harbor.”
Harbor Wholesale currently operates distribution centers in Lacey, WA, Roseburg, OR, Portland, OR, and now, Modesto, CA. The acquisition of MTC Distributing allows Harbor to expand its service footprint down the West Coast. Jensen states, “As MTC joins the Harbor Wholesale organization, we can bring innovation, upgraded technologies, and expanded products and programs along the West Coast. The rebranding represents tradition meeting transformation as the legacy of MTC joins the vision of Harbor Wholesale. We are honored to be the stewards of this great company and culture as we look towards a bright future together.”
Harbor Wholesale and their new Modesto Distribution Center will conduct business as usual while the combined leadership teams continue to evaluate opportunities to bring the best of both companies to their collective customers. Chavez states, “I am excited to say that the acquisition between two 100-year-old independent family-owned companies is going very well. It is unsurprising since we are like-minded in culture, alignment, and company values, which Harbor reinforces daily. Being a part of a larger company has given us a great opportunity to offer our customers more robust QSR foodservice programs like Scratch Dig-in-Chicken™, Via Vita Pizza®, Split Shift® coffee, and Watertown Craft Roasted® coffee to enhance their businesses. Our future is bright as the premier distributor on the West Coast and beyond!”
The combined companies serve more than 6,000 independent retailers on the West Coast with collective buying power to enhance customer profitability without sacrificing the excellent service customers have come to expect from Harbor Wholesale and MTC Distributing.
About Harbor Wholesale
Founded in 1923, Harbor Wholesale is dedicated to supporting the local entrepreneurs that provide jobs in their communities, bring convenience to busy lives, and invite us all to experience life around the table. Every day. As the largest independent 4th generation family-owned distributor in the West, Harbor Wholesale now employs over 800 team members and serves over 6,000 convenience stores, independent grocers, and quick-serve restaurants with a great selection of products. These include Harbor-owned brands held under Real Fresh Brands™, such as Scratch Dig-in-Chicken™, Mountain Fresh™, Via Vita Pizza®, Split Shift®, Watertown Craft Roasted®, Mein Street®, and Skippers®. Harbor Wholesale operates distribution centers in Lacey, WA, Portland, OR, Roseburg, OR, and the newly added Modesto, CA. Harbor Wholesale is a subsidiary of Harbor Foods. For additional information, please visit us at harborwholesale.com or harborfoods.com.
Harbor Wholesale is the owner of all trademarks referenced herein.
SOURCE Harbor Wholesale Foods
Senior Pickleball Report8 months ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Community7 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Entertainment9 months ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Automotive7 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Blog8 months ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Senior Pickleball Report8 months ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers7 months ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog9 months ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day