The cofounder and chief creative officer of Studio McGee unveils her full design process, teaching how to transform the look and feel of any space
SAN FRANCISCO /PRNewswire/ — MasterClass, the streaming platform where anyone can learn from the world’s best across a wide range of subjects, today announced that Shea McGee, cofounder and chief creative officer of Studio McGee and host of the Emmy-nominated home improvement show Dream Home Makeover, is joining Sessions by MasterClass, a program offering a structured curriculum where members can roll up their sleeves, get hands-on and learn meaningful skills through step-by-step guidance from world-class instructors and an active community of peers. In the session, McGee will walk through her signature design process to teach members how they can design, furnish and decorate any room in their house to fit their personal aesthetic and spending strategy. McGee’s session is available starting today.
“Shea has revolutionized the home renovation world, inspiring millions to create timeless homes they love living in,” said David Rogier, founder and CEO of MasterClass. “In her session, she’ll break down her approachable design and decoration process, which has never been shared this extensively before, to show members how to create the space of their dreams on any budget.”
Throughout the session, members will learn how to breathe new life into their homes and transform any living space into a warm and cozy oasis by applying McGee’s nature-inspired design principles. In showcasing the full design process from mood board to floor plan to accents, McGee shares her tips and tricks for transforming the look and feel of any room in a home, whether for a quick home refresh or full renovation. The session is broken down into eight sections, including:
- Creating a Mood Board and Design Plan: McGee helps members develop a mood board and color palette to stay organized throughout the process. Members will be able to share their mood board with the community for feedback and ideas.
- Making a Floor Plan: McGee helps members turn abstract ideas into clear and concise interior design plans, showing them how to use a design board, make a floor plan and ensure they’re purchasing furniture that perfectly fits their space.
- Picking and Placing Furniture: McGee walks members through her strategy for placing furniture in a room to achieve a cohesive look that exudes flow and function, no matter the style or budget.
- Crafting Your Personalized Lighting Design: McGee teaches members her signature approach to layering lighting utilizing lamps, bulbs, shades and drapes to achieve the perfect balance in any room.
- Adding Interior Accents: McGee shows members how to add final, personalized touches, such as artwork, pillows and other accessories to bring their dream space to life with personality, charm and character.
“Design changes lives. We can influence our surroundings, frame of mind, the way we live in our homes and how we spend time with the people we love,” McGee said. “After taking my session on MasterClass, members will walk away with one newly designed and decorated room in their home, alongside the knowledge they need to design, furnish and decorate spaces that reflect their personality and style.”
McGee is an interior designer, author and host of Netflix’s Dream Home Makeover, which she cohosts with her partner and husband, Syd McGee. Together, the dynamic duo founded their interior design firm, Studio McGee, in 2014 with a mission to “Make Life Beautiful.” Staying true to that mission, the McGees released their New York Times bestselling book, Make Life Beautiful, in 2020. The McGees reside in Utah with their three daughters.
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. With an annual membership, members get unprecedented access to 180+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio, Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss. Each class features about 20 video lessons, at an average of 10 minutes per lesson. You can learn and discover at a pace that best serves your lifestyle—in bite-size pieces or in a single binge, on mobile, tablet, desktop, Android™ TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku® players and devices. Cinematic visuals and close-up demonstrations make you feel like you’re one-on-one with the instructors, while the downloadable Class Guides help reinforce your learning. For those looking to learn by doing, Sessions by MasterClass offers a structured curriculum where members can roll up their sleeves, get hands-on and learn meaningful skills through step-by-step guidance from world-class instructors and an active community of peers. With MasterClass at Work, companies can keep their employees engaged and boost morale and motivation with immersive, short-form lessons from the world’s best.
Hyundai Motor Group Art Cars Rally in Paris to Support Busan’s Final Bid to Host 2030 World Expo
SEOUL/PARIS – Hyundai Motor Group (the Group) is rolling out a fleet of art cars in Paris, France, from November 23–28, in a final drive to promote Busan, South Korea’s bid to host the 2030 World Expo. The voting for that honor will take place at the 173rd General Assembly of the BIE in Paris on November 28.
The Group is providing the Korean delegation with 10 Hyundai IONIQ 6 and Kia EV6, all-electric models, wrapped in a colorful graffiti design featuring symbols of Busan, such as seagulls and the Gwangan Bridge, as well as the slogan ‘BUSAN is Ready.’
The 173rd General Assembly of the BIE will see final presentations from each of the three candidate cities — Busan, South Korea; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; and Rome, Italy — elected via secret ballot by each BIE Member State.
For this final campaign, the Group selected IONIQ 6 and EV6 to emphasize Busan’s commitment to hosting a carbon-neutral World Expo under the theme ‘Transforming Our World, Navigating Toward a Better Future.’
The art car fleet will tour major attractions, such as the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre, as well as areas near the BIE headquarters and the embassies of various countries, promoting Busan’s bid to key officials from BIE member countries and tourists from around the world.
On November 28, the day of the 173rd General Assembly of the BIE, the Group will operate an art car around Le Palais des Congrès d’Issy, the venue of the General Assembly. It will make every effort to win the support of BIE members until the vote is cast.
The Group is running outdoor video advertisements highlighting Busan’s charms on a large scale through 270 digital screens located in major areas of Paris during the month of November. The art cars were also used during the Busan Expo Symposium and K-POP concert held in Paris last month to further promote Busan’s bid.
In addition, the Group’s art cars traveled to major international events, such as the APEC Economic Leaders’ Week in San Francisco, the UN General Assembly in New York, the G20 Summit in New Delhi, India, and the ASEAN Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Group has actively promoted the Busan World Expo at home and abroad in the digital realm, publishing more than 90 pieces of global content, such as short form videos and card news, to proclaim that Busan is the best city to host the 2030 World Expo.
The ‘Busan Initiative with the Whole World,’ a promotional video for the Busan World Expo that the Group released last month, exceeded 100 million views within 17 days of its release, contributing to the promotion of South Korea’s desire to host the event and Busan’s competitiveness.
10 Backyarding Trends for 2024: The TurfMutt Foundation Shares Its Predictions
ALEXANDRIA, Va. /PRNewswire/ — “Backyarding” – the act of taking activities typically associated with the indoors outside into the green space around us – will continue taking root in 2024, according to the TurfMutt Foundation, which advocates for the care and use of green space, including our own backyards, community parks, green space, and school yards. But next year, the TurfMutt Foundation expects the practice of “backyarding” to evolve into an ongoing sustainability practice.
As outdoor living has become incorporated into daily life, homeowners are taking care to design cohesive outdoor spaces.Tweet
“Now more than ever, homeowners are recognizing the power of their yards and parks doing environmental good, as well as benefitting their health and well-being,” says Kris Kiser, president and CEO of the TurfMutt Foundation and its parent organization the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI). “Homeowners are making improvements in their yards with many goals in mind, thinking about what’s good for their families, pets, and our planet.”
The TurfMutt Foundation predicts these 10 backyarding trends for 2024:
- Improving Existing Space (Rather Than Moving to a New One). High interest rates and low housing inventory mean more homeowners have chosen to renovate rather than move into a new home. With interior improvements complete, the focus turns to backyard improvements that customize the outdoor space and artfully merge indoor and outdoor living.
- Seeking a Home Near a Park or Nature. Even homeowners looking to downsize still want to maintain a connection with nature. They know backyarding can happen in any size yard and seek additional connection to nature through community parks, school yards, and other green space.
- Return of Neighborhood Parties…in the Backyard. Over the last several years, homeowners have invested in their outdoor living areas, and now they are using that space to bring back neighborhood block parties in their own backyards.
- Creating a Backyard Oasis for Fun. From parents looking for ways to lure their kids away from screens to neighbors wanting to connect with friends, homeowners are turning their backyards into a place for fun and games. Some go all out to install a pool or pickleball court while others take a simpler approach like designating a strip of grass for cornhole or a small soccer pitch.
- Taking Better Care of Living Landscapes. Since homeowners have come to value their lawns, trees, and plants more than ever, they are investing in their care like never before. This means investing in equipment for DIY work and calling in professionals, as needed, for pruning, rescuing diseased trees, and revitalizing turfgrass, just to name a few.
- Choosing Real Grass. The trend of ripping out real grass and replacing it with fake, plastic alternatives is fading as homeowners and communities recognize the limitations – and downsides – of plastic grass. Synthetic turf is hard to clean, hot on feet and paws, and difficult to recycle.
- Planting for Pollinators. Once a niche practice, planting for pollinator support is omnipresent. Homeowners understand the importance of their backyards to provide food and shelter to pollinators like birds, butterflies, and bats year-round. And they are selecting plants for their yards with pollinators in mind.
- Adding Drought Tolerant Plants. Plants that are especially adapted to drier landscapes are better for water-stressed areas in our environment. Homeowners are doing their research and selecting plants that will thrive in their micro-climates.
- Mixing Materials. As outdoor living has become incorporated into daily life, homeowners are taking care to design cohesive outdoor spaces. They factor in landscaping, hardscaping (patios, outdoor kitchens, etc.), and natural aesthetics (trees, boulders, etc.).
- Backyard Birding. The birdwatching craze really took flight during the pandemic, but it’s not a fleeting fad. Birdwatching is not only relaxing; it is a great way to connect with the nature right outside our back doors.
For more, sign up for Mutt Mail, a monthly e-newsletter with backyarding tips and all the news from the TurfMutt Foundation here. To learn more about creating the yard of your dreams, visit TurfMutt.com. Look for Mulligan the TurfMutt on the CBS Lucky Dog television show.
TurfMutt was created by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute’s (OPEI) TurfMutt Foundation and has reached more than 70 million children, educators and families since 2009. Championed by Foundation spokesdog, Mulligan the TurfMutt, and through education partners such as Weekly Reader, Discovery Education and Scholastic, TurfMutt has taught students and teachers how to “save the planet, one yard at a time.” Today, TurfMutt is an official USGBC® Education Partner and part of their global LEARNING LAB. TurfMutt has been an education resource at the U.S. Department of Education’s Green Ribbon Schools, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Green Apple, the Center for Green Schools, the Outdoors Alliance for Kids, the National Energy Education Development (NEED) project, Climate Change Live, Petfinder and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. In 2017, the TurfMutt animated video series won the coveted Cynopsis Kids Imagination Award for Best Interstitial Series. TurfMutt’s personal, home habitat was featured in the 2017-2020 Wildlife Habitat Council calendars. More information at www.TurfMutt.com.
SOURCE TurfMutt Foundation
Active Adult Community Everleigh Deerfield Begins Pre-leasing
FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. /PRNewswire/ — Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC (“Greystar”), a global leader in the investment, development, and management of real estate, including rental housing, logistics and life sciences, today announced that the latest Everleigh-branded active adult community Everleigh Deerfield, developed in partnership with SofMac, is now accepting pre-leases.
“Everleigh Deerfield is the type of active adult community that is in high demand, especially in a desirable area like Forsyth County,” John Roberson, Managing Director – Greystar Atlanta said. “Our Everleigh communities embrace a commitment to our residents’ wellness through programming that embraces health and fitness and social wellbeing with activities that touch on spiritual awareness, environmental stewardship, intellectual inquiry, emotional health and artistry.”
The community offers floorplans in studio, one- and two-bedroom layouts that range from 656 sq. ft. to 1,728 sq. ft. Apartment homes will feature granite counter tops, tile backsplashes, stainless steel appliances, wood plank-style flooring, full-size washer and dryer, designer lighting, tiled showers, plush carpeting in bedrooms and private balconies available in select units.
Everleigh Deerfield’s amenity offering is headlined by a pickleball court. Other amenities include a fitness center, dog park, creative arts studio, community garden, game room, outdoor grills and tech lounge.
The community is close to Avalon, a regional mixed-use development, that has more than 500,000 sq. ft. of upscale retail and restaurants. Halcyon Village, just two miles from Everleigh Deerfield, is another mixed-use development nearby that has breweries, restaurants, shops and coworking space. Nearby employers include Microsoft, T-Mobile, AT&T, GE, Northside Hospital and Kaiser Permanente.
Greystar launched the Everleigh by Greystar brand in 2017 with a focus on delivering a high-quality living experience for 55+ active adults, with sophisticated spaces and a unique environment that encourages continued growth, connection and vitality.
Everleigh Deerfield is scheduled to open in Summer 2024. For more information, please visit liveeverleigh.com/communities/Deerfield.
Greystar is a leading, fully integrated global real estate company offering expertise in property management, investment management, development, and construction services in institutional-quality rental housing, logistics, and life sciences sectors. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Greystar manages and operates more than $275 billion of real estate in 238 markets globally with offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and the Asia-Pacific region. Greystar is the largest operator of apartments in the United States, manages more than 803,000 units/beds globally, and has a robust institutional investment management platform comprised of more than $74 billion of assets under management, including nearly $32 billion of development assets. Greystar was founded by Bob Faith in 1993 to become a provider of world-class service in the rental residential real estate business. To learn more, visit www.greystar.com.
SofMac Partners is an investment manager and developer mandated by private investors and select institutional investors to gain exposure to targeted rental housing sectors in growth markets in the U.S. In partnership with Greystar, SofMac has eight projects in different stages of development representing over US$300m in AUM.
Community9 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Entertainment12 months ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Blog10 months ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Automotive9 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Senior Pickleball Report10 months ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers10 months ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog11 months ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day