(Family Features) Pets provide unconditional love to their companions; in return, it’s important to make sure they live happy and healthy lives by providing the best care possible. This means making sure that in addition to food, treats and toys, they receive daily care for their eyes, ears and overall health.
With a desire to bring a dog into his family’s lives, Albert, a Bausch + Lomb employee, rescued a terrier mix named Watson. However, it soon became apparent Watson needed some extra love and care to help protect his eyes and ears from irritation and excess buildup. When finding a remedy proved difficult, Albert worked with veterinarians to develop Project Watson Health Care for Dogs, a comprehensive line of quality products targeting these specific areas.
To help ensure your furry member of the family has the best head to tail health possible, consider these tips.
Schedule Regular Vet Visits
Routine wellness checks are an essential part of your pet’s care. Annual screenings, even if your dog seems healthy, allow your veterinarian to provide vaccines to combat disease and uncover any health issues that may have otherwise gone undiagnosed until symptoms advanced.
Watch Your Pet’s Diet
Feeding your pet a proper diet based on his or her breed, age, size and lifestyle plays a big role in overall health. A balanced diet that includes high-quality food can lead to a shiny coat, healthy skin, bright eyes and may also help strengthen your pet’s immune system, maintain intestinal health, increase mental acuity, regulate weight, keep muscles and joints healthy and more.
Support Clean Ears and Eyes
Often overlooked, the eyes and ears are vital areas to the overall health and wellness of your pet. To help keep these areas free of any buildup of bacteria that may cause irritation, consider an option like the line of Project Watson Health Care Products for Dogs, which includes an eye wash, eyelid wipe, ear wash, ear wipe and supplements made using high-quality and naturally inspired ingredients.
Excessive blinking or pawing at the eyes can be signs of buildup, irritation or infection. Dirt and debris trapped around the eyes can also clump in fur, leading to skin irritation and infections while excessive tear production can lead to fur staining, which can develop an unpleasant odor. Eye wipes can be used daily to relieve staining and remove excess buildup. Washing your dog’s ears may help reduce dirt, debris and wax buildup; help prevent itching; and reduce the chance of infection while keeping ears smelling fresh.
Create an Exercise Routine
Walks, games in the backyard and social time with other pets can help keep your furry friend in good physical condition. While different breeds and species often have different needs, adequate activity can provide benefits beyond the physical, including reducing boredom, which can potentially lead to anxiety or destructive behaviors.
In addition to regular vaccinations, ensure your pet is up to date on parasite prevention. This includes fleas, ticks, mites, heartworm and more which can cause reactions ranging from mild to severe (or even fatal in some cases of heartworm or Lyme disease). Look for pests and skin abnormalities when grooming your pet and contact your vet if your pet excessively scratches, chews or licks his or her fur or ears, or persistently shakes his or her head.
For more solutions to keep your four-legged friend happy and healthy, speak with your veterinarian or visit tryprojectwatson.com.
Bausch + Lomb
Treydora Launches NFT Comic Book & VR Education
Treydora revolutionizes entertainment and training with NFT comics and VR education for healthcare.
Treydora, a multimedia entertainment and education company based in New York, is set to launch an innovative non-fungible token (NFT) comic book universe and virtual reality (VR) education platform. With the aim of revolutionizing storytelling and workplace training, Treydora combines blockchain technology, VR, and artificial intelligence to create immersive experiences.
Founded by Mark Loudermilk, a registered nurse, respiratory therapist, and computer scientist, Treydora seeks to utilize emerging technologies in a creative way. Loudermilk’s experiences working in New York City hospitals during the pandemic motivated him to launch something new and innovative.
In November, Treydora will introduce its first-ever NFT comic, featuring a science fiction saga centered around an ancient being named Treydora. The company has partnered with renowned comic artists to bring the meticulously crafted storylines and characters to life. Treydora plans to expand the universe into NFT artwork, VR real estate, eBooks, movies, and more.
Treydora also aims to transform workplace education and training through its pioneering VR education platform. By creating hyper-realistic 3D simulations of clinical environments, the platform has the potential to revolutionize training for healthcare professionals and enhance patient care. The company plans to extend its VR educational technology to other industries and corporate training programs.
With a focus on worldbuilding, gaming, and training, Treydora is at the forefront of interactive digital experiences, ownership, and learning. To stay updated on the latest developments, visit Treydora’s website at www.treydora.com.
Artificial Turf Creates the Perfect Backyard for Play
Turf Solutions PDX put their technical ability on display and created the ultimate backyard for one Portland, OR client.
PORTLAND, Ore., Oct. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Synthetic grass offers more than just money-saving practicality; it also offers homeowners versatile design possibilities that will transform their home into a custom oasis. One family utilized two popular Synthetic Grass Warehouse turf varieties to achieve their dream backyard, seeking a durable landscape solution that would provide hours of fun across multiple interactive backyard activities. From a personal putting green to a low-maintenance pickleball court, Turf Solutions PDX put their technical ability on display and created the ultimate backyard for one Portland, OR client.
Turf Solutions PDX recently installed 1,745 square feet of Synthetic Grass Warehouse’s Nylon Putt 2-Tone and Tacoma in a home in Portland, OR. TigerTurf Nylon Putt 2-Tone — used for the putting green surface — features a dual coloring of field green and lime green, and it has a face weight of 36 ounces. With a 0.5-inch pile height, it is ideal for residential and commercial putting green applications. Everlast Tacoma — used for the fringe around the putting green — has dual field green and mid-olive green blade tones, and it has a pile height of 1.75 inches. With a 90-ounce face weight, it is ideal for projects anticipating moderate to heavy foot traffic. Both turf products are manufactured with UV inhibitors for long-lasting color that won’t fade with extended exposure to sunlight. All artificial grass products from Synthetic Grass Warehouse are also non-toxic, lead-free, and will drain at a rate of more than 30 inches per hour per square yard.
Turf Solutions PDX’s client was seeking to transform their backyard with two custom putting greens and a pickleball court. With so many interactive elements that would receive high foot traffic, they chose these two Synthetic Grass Warehouse turf products for their durability and low maintenance requirements. They wanted something that would last them for years to come, so the low pile heights used for the landscape turf and putting green surface accomplished this while remaining lush and beautiful. They also needed a landscaping solution that would remain green, dry, and playable year-round. “It is difficult to grow a healthy, natural lawn in the Pacific Northwest due to the many months of cold, wet weather,” explained Turf Solutions PDX co-owner Dave Parker. “Artificial turf is a perfect alternative for our clients.”
Turf Solutions PDX was founded by co-owners Dave Parker and Ron Rios in 2019, and they now proudly serve the Greater Portland area. With more than a decade in the industry, Parker and Rios sought to provide high-quality, long-lasting, evergreen synthetic grass to a waterlogged PNW clientele. They pride themselves on supplying a wide range of the highest-quality synthetic grass products on the market, and they pair these products with sublime installation quality that guarantees customer satisfaction. Although currently serving the Portland area, they plan to continue growing the company and hope to branch out into other states in the future.
Turf Solutions PDX is Synthetic Grass Warehouse’s “Install of the Month” winner for September 2023.
Turf Solutions PDX:
Turf Solutions PDX is proud to serve Portland, OR, and the surrounding area. Founded by co-owners Dave Parker and Ron Rios in 2019, Turf Solutions PDX prides itself on providing beautiful, resilient, and safe artificial grass installations that last for decades. Parker and Rios’s years of experience and strong partnership are reflected in their team’s technical competence and attention to detail. You can learn more about Turf Solutions PDX and view their other installations by visiting https://turfsolutionspdx.com.
About Synthetic Grass Warehouse, Inc.:
Synthetic Grass Warehouse is the exclusive national distributor for TigerTurf and Everlast brands of artificial grass products. Founded in 2004, Synthetic Grass Warehouse specializes in turf products designed for landscaping, pets, putting greens, and playgrounds. SGW provides same-day shipping on all turf orders. Learn more at https://www.syntheticgrasswarehouse.com.
SOURCE Synthetic Grass Warehouse, Inc.
Aetna 2024 Medicare plans offer more choices, flexibility and simplicity
Plans feature expanded money-saving benefits that matter most to members
WOONSOCKET, R.I. /PRNewswire/ — Aetna®, a CVS Health® company (NYSE: CVS), announces our 2024 Medicare products ― the largest Medicare offering in our history1 ― featuring more choices, flexible benefit allowances, a strong provider network and further simplified medical and prescription drug plans that support members’ overall health and well-being. We included dental, vision and hearing benefits on every Medicare Advantage (MA) plan, reduced prescription drug costs across our Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) plan portfolio and enriched our Extra Benefits Card and over-the-counter (OTC) benefits on many plans. We’ll also offer new MA plan options and expanded money-saving benefits for individuals who qualify for a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) or Extra Help.
“Our experience shows Medicare consumers want more than just a one-size-fits-all approach to health care,” said Terri Swanson, president of Aetna Medicare. “They want personalized plans that fit their unique needs and budgets, and flexible benefits that matter most to them. And Aetna kept this top of mind when developing plans for 2024. Our brokers and service teams are energized by our 2024 Medicare product portfolio and stand ready to guide consumers across the country to choose a plan that’s right for them.”
A pioneer in the Medicare industry, Aetna has served Medicare beneficiaries since 1966, when it paid the nation’s first Medicare claim. Aetna now serves nearly 11 million Medicare members nationwide, including 3.4 million currently enrolled in an Aetna MA plan.
New and expanded individual MA plans to support diverse needs
We made significant investments in our 2024 plan benefits that will offer members more choices, added value and greater flexibility to help with everyday expenses and empower them to achieve their personal health goals. Plan highlights include:
- Expanded footprint: For 2024, Aetna will offer MAPD plans in 46 states plus Washington, D.C. We added 255 new counties across the country, providing 2.2 million more Medicare-eligible beneficiaries access to an Aetna plan. In total, Aetna will offer MAPD plans in 2,269 counties in 2024, accessible by 58 million Medicare-eligible beneficiaries.2
- $0 premium plan options: Aetna estimates 84% of the Medicare-eligible beneficiaries in the U.S. will have access to a $0 monthly premium Aetna MA plan.3
- Expanded D-SNP products: For those who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid benefits, we’ll expand our D-SNP offerings to 433 new counties across 31 states, including a new market in Maryland and new preferred provider organization (PPO) plan options in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Utah. All D-SNPs offer $0 Part D drugs, dental, vision, hearing and an Extra Benefits Card with a new Extra Supports Wallet.4 It features an enhanced allowance for members to spend on things they need the most, like healthy foods, utilities, rent/mortgage, OTC items, gas, transportation, personal care items and pet care supplies.5 On select D-SNPs, members can earn an additional $30 per month in their Extra Supports Wallet by selecting a high value primary care provider (PCP).
- Expanded options for people who get Extra Help: Aetna offers Value PlusSM MA plans6 that provide additional value for individuals who qualify for Extra Help — also known as Part D Low-Income Subsidy (LIS). These plans feature low premiums, dental, vision, hearing, SilverSneakers® fitness benefit, OTC allowance and $0 copays for in-network primary care visits and labs. Through our new Aetna Assist program, those with Extra Help may qualify for $0 plan premiums and additional benefits like $0 Part D drugs and an Extra Benefits Card. Aetna Assist packages vary by plan. The Inflation Reduction Act expanded eligibility for the Extra Help program, qualifying more Medicare beneficiaries for the program in 2024.7 Aetna stands ready to help these individuals take advantage of those benefits.
- Expanded Aetna Medicare Eagle® MA-only plans: We’ll expand these MA-only plans to 43 states (adding Arkansas) and 1,591 counties — reaching more than 6.3 million veterans over age 65 in 2024. These plans offer additional benefits for veterans or individuals who already have prescription drug coverage.8 All 2024 Aetna Medicare Eagle plans will feature a $0 monthly plan premium, $0 primary care copay (including walk-in clinics), dental, vision, hearing, OTC allowance and a SilverSneakers fitness benefit. These plans also offer $0 copays for labs, colonoscopies and routine eye and hearing exams. Most MA-only plans include a Part B premium reduction benefit.
- New Aetna Medicare SmartFit plans: These are designed for prescription drug plan customers considering switching to a Medicare Advantage plan. These $0 monthly premium plans include dental, vision and hearing. There is also a variety of no-cost benefits like $0 in-network primary care visits and labs and $0 Tier 1 generics at preferred pharmacies and through mail order. Additionally, these plans help consumers stay healthy with a SilverSneakers fitness membership and a fitness reimbursement benefit of $600-$1,200 annually for activities like pickleball, golf and more.
- Expanded Institutional Special Needs Plan (I-SNP) products: In continued collaboration with Longevity Health, Aetna will offer new I-SNPs in Ohio and New York and expand our footprint in Pennsylvania. These plans are specifically designed for people living in nursing homes. They include prescription drug coverage and provide enhanced access to on-site care in the facility. Members receive additional benefits tailored to help improve their quality of life by caring for their unique medical, social and emotional needs.
More choices and greater flexibility, with benefits that matter most to members
Medicare can be confusing. So we simplified our plans and invested in those benefits that are most important to our members. To make staying healthy easier, we looked closely at benefit details and made meaningful improvements, like replacing frozen foods with freshly prepared meals. Highlights include:
- Strengthened core benefits: Every county where Aetna will offer plans will have options that include a $0 monthly premium, $0 primary care copay, $0 copays for Tier 1 drugs, OTC allowance, dental, vision and hearing.
- Improved dental, vision and hearing benefits: Every 2024 Aetna MA plan will include dental,9 vision and hearing benefits, ensuring all members can maintain their dental health and access corrective eyewear and hearing aids.
- Dental: In 2024, all of our plans include a dental benefit.9 Most plans include annual allowances for things like dentures, crowns and more. Allowances vary by plan. For 2024, we streamlined our dental designs to promote simplicity, strengthen coverage, reduce member cost sharing and improve member experience.
- Vision: In 2024, all plans have a $0 routine eye exam benefit and an eyewear benefit. Eyewear allowances vary by plan.
- Hearing: In 2024, all plans have a $0 routine hearing exam benefit and a hearing aid benefit.
- Aetna Medicare Extra Benefits Card: All D-SNPs will include a preloaded debit card with a new Extra Supports Wallet4 featuring an allowance and more ways to spend it. The flexible allowance can be used to buy healthy foods, OTC items,10 gas, transportation, personal care items and pet care supplies.5 It can also be used to help pay for utilities (including water, electricity, gas, phone and internet service) and assist with rent or mortgage payments. The card can be swiped at an expanded network of participating retailers for OTC items and healthy foods. Value Plus plans with the Extra Benefits Card provide an allowance to those who receive Extra Help. In certain markets, members can earn an additional allowance by selecting a high value PCP.
- Aetna Medicare Payment Card: We’ll expand this payment card offering to more plans and states and make it more convenient. Qualifying members will receive a quarterly allowance to use toward either out-of-pocket expenses for in-network care, select OTC wellness items or both. Members whose benefit includes an allowance for OTC items can buy a wide selection of items at any CVS Pharmacy® retail location11 or place orders online through OTC Health Solutions, a CVS Health company.
- Expanded fitness benefits: We made enhancements to our fitness benefits to help our members stay physically and mentally active, so they can keep enjoying their favorite activities as they age:
- SilverSneakers and Apple Fitness+™: We’ll continue to offer a SilverSneakers fitness memberships to all individual MA members at no additional cost.12 Through SilverSneakers, members have access to over 15,000 fitness locations, as well as exercise programs outside of traditional gyms, such as recreation centers, malls and parks. Individuals can also connect to virtual resources, including mental enrichment and well-being classes. Apple Fitness+ is also included in the SilverSneakers membership at no additional cost. Fitness+ is an award-winning fitness and wellness service with workouts and meditations designed to be welcoming to all and help people live a healthier day. Fitness+ offers 12 different workout types, from high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to meditation, so there’s something for everyone.
- Fitness reimbursement: New for 2024, an enhanced and expanded fitness reimbursement gives members new ways to stay on top of their personal fitness and wellness goals. Members can use their fitness reimbursement allowance on the activities they enjoy most, including pickleball, golf, bowling, swimming and entrance fees for national and state parks. And to make staying healthy even easier, we also added fitness supplies, athletic shoes and more. In 2024 more plans will include this benefit.
- Fresh meals: New for 2024, the meal benefit will now provide freshly prepared (not frozen) precooked meals delivered to members’ homes upon discharge from an inpatient hospital stay or skilled nursing facility.
- $0 cost-shares on select benefits: To ensure important services are affordable, we continue to expand services available at no additional cost to the member. In 2024, we have plans that offer $0 copay for primary care visits and labs. New for 2024, all plans will provide $0 copay for preventive and diagnostic colonoscopies at in-network providers.
- Stable or reduced member out-of-pocket costs limits: All Aetna MA plans include maximum out-of-pocket cost protection for covered plan services. We’ll keep member in-network maximum out-of-pocket costs limits the same or decrease them in 75% of our individual MA plans for 2024.
Continued reductions in prescription drug costs across the MAPD portfolio
We continued to make changes to our formularies (drug lists) for 2024 to reduce cost and obstacles to accessing medications. These changes also help our members be more adherent with their medications. Highlights include:
- $0 deductibles: 100% of MAPD members will enjoy a $0 deductible on all Tier 1 and Tier 2 drugs. We also have plans with a $0 deductible on all tiered drugs (Tiers 1–5).
- $0 copays at preferred network pharmacies: All of our MAPD plans will offer $0 copays on Tier 1 drugs. We also have plans with $0 copays on Tier 1 and Tier 2 drugs, for 30-, 60- or 100-day supplies.
- Pharmacy network: We have MAPD plans that offer prescription drug coverage with access to nearly 66,000 network pharmacies, with 24,000 preferred options offering additional savings.
- 100-day supply at no extra cost: All MAPD plans will offer up to a 100-day supply13 for drugs on Tiers 1–4 at both retail and mail-order pharmacies. Members who choose to use our preferred mail-order pharmacy to fill their prescriptions can count on convenient, no-cost standard shipping. Extended-day supplies may save members money and help them stay on their medication treatment program.
- Tier 1/Tier 2 coverage gap: We have MAPD plans that provide robust Tier 1 and Tier 2 gap coverage at the same cost-share as in the initial coverage phase, allowing predictable copays through the donut hole and reducing the possibility of members reaching the catastrophic phase.
- $0 copays and $0 deductibles on D-SNPs: All D-SNPs will share one set of common features — robust drug coverage, $0 deductibles and $0 prescription drug copays. Members simply need to qualify for D-SNP enrollment to receive this benefit.
- Insulin: Members won’t pay more than $35 for a one-month supply of each insulin product covered by our plan.
- Vaccines: Many covered Part D vaccines will be available at $0 copay for Medicare beneficiaries.
Innovative programs and money-saving benefits through CVS Health
As a CVS Health company, Aetna offers a unique set of assets that enables us to bring care closer to home. We’ll provide individual MA members access to convenient and affordable benefits and programs in their communities, including:
- Nationally contracted retail health clinics, including MinuteClinic®: Members in PPO and health maintenance organization (HMO) plans that do not require a PCP can visit either one of the nationally contracted retail health clinics, including MinuteClinic locations, and pay the same copay as a regular visit to a PCP.14 With over 1,000 locations across 36 states and Washington, D.C., and virtual on-demand care available, MinuteClinic offers convenient access for sick care, prevention and wellness services, and management for chronic conditions. For patients over 65, MinuteClinic delivers age-friendly care via the 4Ms framework: what matters, medication, mentation and mobility. Located in select CVS Pharmacy® and Target stores, MinuteClinic locations are open seven days a week.
- OTC benefit: We’ll make our OTC benefit offered through OTC Health Solutions, a CVS Health company, available to more members and will increase the OTC allowance amount on MA plans. Members can choose certain health care products and order by phone or online for home delivery. New for 2024, they can also use their benefit in-store at all standalone CVS Pharmacy or Navarro Discount Pharmacy® retail locations across 48 states, up from 39 states in 2023. Catalogs are available in all stores and covered items are easy to identify throughout the store. Members only need to present their member ID card to use their OTC allowance. Select Aetna plans will offer an OTC kit mailed directly to the member’s home. These kits contain curated OTC items that help support our members’ health.
- Healthy Home Visits through Signify Health: All MA plans will offer an annual healthy home visit at no extra cost. It includes a comprehensive health risk assessment and non-invasive physical exam from the comfort of the member’s home. The clinician will also evaluate the home environment to identify social support needs and risks that could result in early detection of health problems. These home visits are provided through Signify Health, a CVS Health company.
- Oak Street Health primary care network: The acquisition of Oak Street Health this year enables us to offer more coordinated and connected care ― especially in underserved communities. Oak Street Health’s innovative care model provides comprehensive primary care with a focus on prevention and wellness. Aetna MA members will have access to all Oak Street Health primary care clinic locations across the country as part of the extensive Aetna provider network.
- Fall prevention: We continue to expand our fall prevention benefit through CVS Pharmacy to additional states and plans. For 2024, all D-SNPs (except the NY FIDE plan) will include a fall prevention benefit. In select MA plans, eligible members will receive an annual allowance for certain home and bathroom safety items that may help lower the risk of injury from falls in the home.
- Pharmacist panels: We’ll connect members who are CVS Pharmacy customers with their local CVS pharmacist. They can deliver personalized advice to drive medication adherence, offer alternatives for high-risk medications, recommend screenings and administer immunizations. Pharmacists can also connect members with recommended health plan resources and support their enrollment into care management programs.
- CVS Health Resources For Living® (RFL): This program helps address loneliness and other social needs by connecting members with important community resources, such as transportation, housing, food programs, caregiver support and utility assistance, based on individual member needs. RFL serves as an early point of intervention for the many issues that affect our members’ physical and mental health.
Robust standalone prescription drug plans
The Aetna standalone prescription drug plans (PDPs) serve 6.1 million members. In 2024, Aetna Medicare will continue to offer three individual, standalone plans. SilverScript® SmartSaver (PDP) will feature an average monthly premium of $11.19, along with $0 copays for Tier 1 generics at preferred pharmacies and a reduced deductible from 2023. SilverScript Choice (PDP) will be available to members with full Extra Help for a $0 monthly plan premium in 21 states and D.C., while SilverScript Plus (PDP) has the most robust prescription drug coverage of our PDPs including $0 Tier 1 and $0 Tier 2 generics at preferred pharmacies. All three plans are available in all 50 states and D.C.15
Competitive Medicare Supplement and ancillary plan options
To complete our portfolio of products, Aetna also offers Medicare Supplement plans. With more than 1.4 million members, our competitively priced individual Medicare Supplement plans use a simplified underwriting process. We also offer popular dental, vision and hearing products in 40 states. Our ancillary plan options cover 45 states and often offer members personalized, add-on protection to their individual Medicare plans. This includes plans that provide life insurance coverage, dental, vision and hearing coverage, benefits paid directly to them after being diagnosed with cancer, or for hospital stays, and home or skilled nursing facility recovery care.
Visit AetnaMedicare.com to learn more about our 2024 Aetna Medicare plans. Or call 1-844-588-0041 (TTY: 711), 7 days a week, 8 AM to 8 PM. The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period runs from October 15 through December 7, 2023. A licensed agent may answer your call.
1 Aetna filed 747 individual MA plans with CMS for 2024. This represents the largest number of plans in our history.
2This number includes the Aetna Joint Venture in Minnesota (with Allina Health).
3Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Enrollment data, August 2023.
4Extra Supports Wallet not included with IN and CA plans.
5Pet care supplies not included with NJ plans.
6Known as Value plan for Allina Health │ Aetna Medicare.
7U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Fact sheet: Biden-Harris administration announces new tools to lower prescription drug costs for low-income seniors and people with disabilities. June 12, 2023. Accessed September 18, 2023.
8These plans do not include prescription drug coverage. They are available to all Medicare-eligible individuals and could be a good fit for beneficiaries who already have prescription drug coverage at least as good as Medicare Part D.
9Excluding NY I-SNP.
10OTC items are only included in the Extra Supports Wallet for D-SNPs and limited plans.
11Excludes CVS Pharmacy in Target locations.
12Exception: SilverSneakers is not available with the Aetna Medicare Longevity Plan (I-SNP).
13Not all medications are dispensable in 100-day supply due to unbreakable package sizing (e.g., inhalers), or as a result of being a controlled substance.
14Members have a choice of providers and can elect to go to their PCP or a nationally contracted clinic of their choice.
About CVS Health
CVS Health® is the leading health solutions company, delivering care like no one else can. We reach more people and improve the health of communities across America through our local presence, digital channels and over 300,000 dedicated colleagues – including more than 40,000 physicians, pharmacists, nurses and nurse practitioners. Wherever and whenever people need us, we help them with their health – whether that’s managing chronic diseases, staying compliant with their medications or accessing affordable health and wellness services in the most convenient ways. We help people navigate the health care system – and their personal health care – by improving access, lowering costs and being a trusted partner for every meaningful moment of health. And we do it all with heart, each and every day. Follow @CVSHealth on social media.
Aetna, a CVS Health business, serves an estimated 36 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental and behavioral health plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Aetna’s customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, visit Aetna.com.
Aetna Medicare is a HMO, PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Our DSNPs also have contracts with State Medicaid programs. Enrollment in our plans depends on contract renewal. Plan features and availability may vary by service area. The formulary /or pharmacy network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary. The Aetna Medicare pharmacy network includes limited lower cost, preferred pharmacies in Suburban Arizona, Rural California, Urban Kansas, Rural Michigan, Suburban Michigan, Urban Michigan, Urban Missouri, Rural North Dakota, Suburban Utah, Suburban West Virginia and Suburban Wyoming. The lower costs advertised in our plan materials for these pharmacies may not be available at the pharmacy you use. For up-to-date information about our network pharmacies, including whether there are any lower-cost preferred pharmacies in your area, members please call the number on your ID card, non-members please call 1-833-278-3928 (TTY: 711) or consult the online pharmacy directory. Other pharmacies and providers are available in our network. Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat plan members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services. Participating health care providers are independent contractors and are neither agents nor employees of Aetna. The availability of any particular provider cannot be guaranteed, and provider network composition is subject to change. Eligibility for the Model Benefit or Reward and Incentive (RI) Programs under the Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model is not assured and will be determined by Aetna after enrollment, based on relevant criteria (e.g., clinical diagnoses, eligibility criteria, participation in a disease state management program). If your plan’s Extra Benefits Card includes roll-over, any unused amount will rollover into the next month/quarter. The monthly/quarterly amount can be rolled over through the end of the plan year but will not carry over into the next plan year. For mail-order, you can get prescription drugs shipped to your home through the network mail-order delivery program. Typically, mail-order drugs arrive within 10 days. You can call 1–866–235–5660 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if you do not receive your mail-order drugs within this timeframe. Members may have the option to sign-up for automated mail-order delivery.
SilverScript is a Prescription Drug Plan with a Medicare contract marketed through Aetna Medicare. Enrollment in SilverScript depends on contract renewal.
Aetna, CVS Pharmacy and MinuteClinic, LLC (which either operates or provides certain management support services to MinuteClinic-branded retail health clinics) are part of the CVS Health family of companies.
Resources For Living is the brand name used for products and services offered through the Aetna group of subsidiary companies.
SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Tivity Health, Inc. ©2023 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple Fitness+ is a trademark of Apple Inc.
©2023 Aetna Inc.
SOURCE CVS Health
Senior Pickleball Report8 months ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Community7 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Entertainment10 months ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Automotive7 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Blog8 months ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Senior Pickleball Report8 months ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers7 months ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog9 months ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day