LOS ANGELES /PRNewswire/ — Dignitas, the esports vertical of New Meta Entertainment, Inc. (NME), and MIKE AND IKE® candy, are thrilled to announce the return of the highly anticipated “MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl.” Building upon the immense success of the inaugural event, Dignitas and MIKE AND IKE® are bringing fans an unforgettable online showdown like no other. The second “MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl” promises to deliver an exhilarating blend of flavors and competition with the top North American Fortnite competitors.
On June 20th, the “MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl” will host the top placing competitors from the open qualifier rounds in 50 teams across a 5-game tournament to battle it out for a piece of the $10,000 prize pool, and to be crowned the MIKE AND IKE® VICTORS. The tournament will be action-packed with Mikonic Moment Replays and a livestream. MIKE AND IKE® has also sweetened the prize pool by providing the winning team with a year-long supply of MIKE AND IKE® candy.
The inaugural “MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl” held in 2022, garnered over 114 million impressions across social media and Twitch, and this year is set to be even bigger. Featuring top Dignitas Fortnite talent, Kyle “Bugha” Giersdorf, Piero “Pgod” Ramirez, Abdullah “Acorn” Akhras, Leon “Khanada” Khim, Lucas “Duke” Cardenas, and Cameron “Cam” Dean. Also of Dignitas Fortnite, Shaun “AussieAntics” Cochrane will be the man behind the desk, hosting and casting the event live on his Twitch.
“We’re thrilled to host another MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl,” said Michael Prindiville, CEO of New Meta Entertainment, Inc. and Dignitas. “This unique event showcases our dedication to bringing together gaming and pop culture in unexpected ways. The Flavor Brawl allows us to engage with our fans on a different level while sharing our passion for esports and the community.”
“The results from our first ‘MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl’ were fantastic, and we’re excited to bring Flavor Brawl #2 to fans. This tournament provides a great opportunity for everyday gamers to compete at a higher level against some of the best gamers” said Deb Turoczy, Senior Manager of Consumer Engagement at Just Born, Inc.
Tune in to the MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl at https://www.twitch.tv/aussieantics on June 20!
To learn more about the “MIKE AND IKE® Flavor Brawl,” follow Dignitas Fortnite on Twitter (https://twitter.com/dignitasfn), YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/dignitasfortnite) and TikTok https://www.tiktok.com/@dignitasfn).
ABOUT NEW META ENTERTAINMENT, INC.: DIGNITAS & RAIDIANT
Since its formation in 2003, Dignitas has established itself as one of the most successful esports organizations in the world, amassing 18 World Championships across multiple gaming titles. In September 2016, Dignitas was acquired by the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers of Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE), a diverse, global portfolio of sports and entertainment franchises and properties that includes the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), New Jersey Devils (NHL) and more. Dignitas is the esports organization within New Meta Entertainment, Inc. (NME), a new media sports and entertainment company founded in May 2019 by an investor group that includes HBSE, Susquehanna International Group and Delaware North, among others. Dignitas currently fields four teams in three of esports’ largest and most popular games: League of Legends, Fortnite, and Rocket League. In 2021, NME launched Raidiant, a first-of-its-kind, esports team agnostic, platform to empower women in gaming through resources and events. With content studios and player wellness facilities in Greater New York City and Los Angeles, and infrastructure in Europe, NME is a global leader dedicated to esports athletes, digital influencers, and entertainment game-changers.
ABOUT MIKE AND IKE® AND JUST BORN QUALITY CONFECTIONS
Just Born Quality Confections is a third-generation family-owned candy manufacturer with its purpose to bring sweetness to people’s lives. Just Born is the maker of some of America’s most beloved and iconic brands – PEEPS®, MIKE AND IKE®, HOT TAMALES® and GOLDENBERG’S® PEANUT CHEWS®. As Just Born celebrates a century of sweetness, it has enjoyed being a part of family traditions and memories for 100 years. In 1923, the founder, Sam Born, opened a small candy shop in Brooklyn, New York, where he marketed the freshness of his daily-made candy with a sign that declared, “Just Born.” Together with Born’s brothers-in-law, Irv and Jack Shaffer, the company thrived and, in 1932, moved its operations to Bethlehem, PA where it has grown to become one of the largest candy companies in the US by giving back to the community, being good environmental stewards and creating a culture where people want to work.
MIKE AND IKE® Candies have been a fan favorite for over 80 years! Experience the sweet taste of fruity chewy candy with MIKE AND IKE® Original Fruits, bursting with five fun flavors, including: Cherry, Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Strawberry. It’s fruity, it’s chewy, it’s FRUCHEWY!®. Or try our other assorted varieties of MIKE AND IKE® including TROPICAL TYPHOON®, BERRY BLAST®, Mega Mix, Mega Mix SOUR! and many more.
Get Creative with Easter Sweets
Kid-friendly crafts that bring loved ones together
(Family Features) Holiday hams and deviled eggs may take center stage at Easter gatherings, but edible crafts offer a reminder of the magic of the season that’s found in moments spent together. Simple recipes that call for a dose of creativity are perfect ways to bring the kids to the kitchen, made even easier when all that work leads to sweet treats.
While plastic eggs may have led to a decline in good, old-fashioned egg-dyeing, there are still fun ways to bring crafts back to Easter celebrations. Consider these Kids Krafty Easter Cake Pops, which call for little ones to help dip seasonal shapes in chocolate, use cake molds and more.
Children of virtually any age can relish in the joys of using cookie cutters and decorating Easter Sugar Cookies, all with a little supervision and short list of instructions. This version shows how to make the cookies and homemade icing so you can create any color you desire for maximum creativity.
Remember, these delicious crafts don’t have to be perfect – having fun and making memories that last a lifetime are what make Easter truly special.
Visit Culinary.net to find more Easter inspiration and recipes from “Cookin’ Savvy.”
Kids Krafty Easter Cake Pops
Recipe courtesy of “Cookin’ Savvy”
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 can frosting
- 1 bunny chocolate mold
- 1 cakesicle mold
- ice pop sticks
- 1 bag white chocolate chips or melting chips
- cake pop sticks
- 1 bag orange melting chips
- 2 tablespoons canola or coconut oil, divided
- 1 bag green melting chips
- pastel sprinkles
- 1 piece hard foam (optional)
- edible markers
- Bake cake according to package instructions and let cool completely.
- Crumble cake and mix with 1/2 can frosting until dough forms. Add more frosting, if needed. Using small cookie scoop, form dough into balls and set aside. Place dough in bunny molds then pop out and set aside with balls. Place dough in cakesicle mold, insert ice pop stick in each slot and freeze 5-10 minutes.
- Melt handful of white melting chips. Stick tip of each cake pop stick in chocolate then insert into every cake ball and bunny until each has one stick. Set aside to dry.
- Remove cakesicles from freezer and pop out of molds. In bowl, melt orange melts then mix in 1 tablespoon oil and transfer to cup. Dip cakesicles and scrape off excess using rim of cup. Place on parchment paper to dry.
- In bowl, melt green melts then place in zip-top or piping bag. Cut tip off bag, pipe carrot leaves onto piece of parchment paper and let dry.
- Melt remaining white melts and mix in remaining oil. Transfer to cup and dip ball-shaped cake pops and bunnies then tap stick on edge of cup to remove excess.
- Over separate bowl, sprinkle ball-shaped pops with pastel sprinkles. To keep ball shape, let dry by sticking in piece of hard foam. Bunnies can dry face side up on parchment paper. After bunnies are dry, use edible markers to make face and color in ears.
- When carrots and leaves are dry, remelt orange melts and place in piping or zip-top bag. Cut off tip and drizzle orange over carrots. Add small line of orange on each ice pop stick and place leaves on each stick. Let dry.
Easter Sugar Cookies
Recipe courtesy of “Cookin’ Savvy”
- 1/3 cup meringue powder
- 1/2 cup warm water, plus additional for thinning (optional), divided
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 bag (2 pounds) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- assorted food coloring
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- To make icing: Mix meringue powder, 1/2 cup warm water, vanilla, powdered sugar and corn syrup. Separate into bowls and add food coloring; mix with water, as needed, to thin for piping.
- To make cookies: Heat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time to form dough. Roll dough out to 1/4-1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes, place on baking sheet and freeze 10 minutes. Bake 8-12 minutes. Cool completely before icing.
- Place icing in zip-top or piping bags and cut off tips. Put cookies on parchment paper. Trace outline first then fill in middle. Use toothpicks to smooth out.
- Let dry 6 hours and finish decorating with different icing colors or edible markers.
Sipping Sunshine: Celebrating National Margarita Day
Celebrate National Margarita Day on February 22nd with a glass rimmed with salt, savoring the taste of summer whether on the rocks or blended! 🍹☀️ #NationalMargaritaDay
February 22nd marks a beloved occasion for cocktail enthusiasts worldwide – National Margarita Day! This festive day invites individuals to raise their glasses and indulge in the tangy, refreshing flavors of this iconic beverage.
The classic Margarita, with its perfect blend of zesty lime, smooth tequila, and a touch of sweetness, encapsulates the essence of summer in every sip. Whether you prefer it on the rocks, elegantly garnished with a salted rim, or blended to icy perfection, National Margarita Day is a celebration of versatility and taste.
Beyond its delightful flavors, the Margarita embodies a spirit of relaxation and enjoyment. It’s a drink that beckons you to unwind, kick back, and savor the moment. Whether shared with friends at a lively gathering or enjoyed solo as a personal indulgence, the Margarita has a way of brightening any occasion.
So, on this National Margarita Day, take a moment to treat yourself to this timeless cocktail. Allow yourself to be transported to a sun-soaked beach with every sip, relishing the flavors and embracing the carefree spirit that the Margarita embodies.
Whether you’re a devoted Margarita aficionado or new to the world of tequila-based delights, National Margarita Day is the perfect excuse to raise a glass, toast to good times, and celebrate the joy of this beloved cocktail. Cheers to National Margarita Day – a day dedicated to sipping sunshine in a glass!
Creamy and Delicious Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Indulge in the creamy goodness of our Chicken Alfredo recipe: tender chicken, al dente pasta, and a rich Parmesan sauce—a true culinary delight!
Welcome to our kitchen! Today, we’re going to show you how to make the best chicken Alfredo that will leave you craving for more. This classic Italian dish is creamy, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying. Let’s get cooking!
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Prep the Ingredients:
- Cook the fettuccine pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook them in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and slice into thin strips.
- Make the Alfredo Sauce:
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream, stirring constantly until it starts to simmer.
- Gradually whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Combine the Ingredients:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the Alfredo sauce. Toss to coat the pasta evenly.
- Gently fold in the sliced chicken strips, ensuring they are well coated with the sauce.
- Let the dish simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Plate the chicken Alfredo and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Optionally, sprinkle some extra Parmesan cheese on top for an added cheesy kick.
- Serve hot and enjoy your homemade creamy chicken Alfredo!
There you have it – a simple yet decadent chicken Alfredo recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in or a special gathering. Bon appétit!
Community12 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Senior Pickleball Report1 year ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Entertainment1 year ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Blog1 year ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Automotive12 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Senior Pickleball Report1 year ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers1 year ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog1 year ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day