WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – The Palm Beaches, America’s First Resort Destination®, is gearing up to offer visitors an unforgettable vacation experience in 2024. With a commitment to enhancing the already vibrant atmosphere, the region is investing over $1 billion in new developments, ensuring that tourists have access to the best of what this Southeast Florida paradise has to offer.
One of the key highlights of the Palm Beaches’ transformation is the influx of new and revamped hotels. Visitors can look forward to chic and luxurious accommodations that cater to a variety of tastes and preferences. From boutique hotels to high-end resorts, there will be something for everyone, promising an unparalleled level of comfort and style.
In addition to top-notch lodging options, the region is also embracing the culinary scene with cutting-edge dining experiences. Food enthusiasts will be delighted by the array of innovative restaurants and eateries that will showcase the diverse flavors and cuisines of the Palm Beaches. Whether you’re seeking a Michelin-starred meal or a casual beachfront dining experience, the options are endless.
Furthermore, the Palm Beaches are dedicated to providing an array of enticing attractions for visitors to enjoy. From world-class golf courses and pristine beaches to cultural landmarks and vibrant entertainment districts, there will be no shortage of activities to keep tourists engaged and captivated.
To ensure convenient access to these exciting developments, transportation options are being enhanced. Whether you choose to fly into Palm Beach International Airport or arrive by car, improved infrastructure and transportation services will make it easier than ever to explore the region and its myriad offerings.
As 2024 approaches, the Palm Beaches are poised to deliver an enhanced and unforgettable visitor experience. With new developments, upgraded amenities, and a commitment to excellence, this iconic destination is ready to welcome travelers from around the globe. Whether you seek relaxation, adventure, or a taste of luxury, the Palm Beaches will undoubtedly exceed your expectations.
Several prominent resorts and hotels in The Palm Beaches are undergoing substantial transformations, amplifying the guest experience.
- Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa recently completed an extensive renovation, unveiling 175 revamped guest rooms and suites, upgraded banquet spaces, and the all-new Latitudes restaurant, accompanied by a variety of amenities, including a dedicated kids club.
- Hilton West Palm Beach, adjacent to the Palm Beach County Convention Center, is on track for a grand reopening in November following a $25 million renovation, encompassing refreshed guestrooms, revamped dining options like the Galley with an exciting new menu, an inviting pool deck, added cabanas, a stylish lobby bar, and wellness activities.
- Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, nestled along the south Palm Beach waterfront, is also preparing to reopen this November following a $20 million renovation, focusing on modernized guest rooms, updated dining venues, and refreshed common areas.
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Resort & Spa is in the midst of a multimillion-dollar renovation slated for completion later this year, embracing a contemporary open-space layout while modernizing its restaurant, lobby, marketplace, bar, and lounge.
- Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront Palm Beaches Resort is set to redefine luxury, re-emerging in January 2024 as “The Singer Oceanfront Resort,” complete with rejuvenated guestrooms, innovative dining concepts, enhanced meeting spaces, and a picturesque beachfront bar.
- Flagler Club at The Breakers Palm Beach will unveil a luxurious makeover this fall, promising an ultra-luxury boutique experience with a modern aesthetic by esteemed atelier Tihany Design and exclusive guest benefits, including dedicated staff, complimentary transportation, exclusive food and beverage options, and more poised to elevate and enrich the guest experience.
Exciting updates also await guests in The Palm Beaches this season, as several hoteliers unveil enticing offerings.
- PGA National Resort leads the way with a new charter boat, beekeeping experience, pickleball courts, and rejuvenating spa treatments.
- The Colony Hotel introduces the goop Villa, a collaboration with Gwyneth Paltrow’s brand and Ronen Lev, offering a revitalizing escape complete with goop beauty products and special menu options at the Pink Paradise Café and Swifty’s Restaurant.
- AKA West Palm presents Body+Beauty Lab med spa for exclusive cosmetic treatments, while even furry companions can indulge in the recently opened AKA Pet Spa, powered by D is for Dog.
TEEING UP NEW EXPERIENCES IN FLORIDA’S ACCLAIMED GOLF CAPITAL
- The Park, West Palm Beach’s latest 200-acre public golf haven, recently opened, featuring a nine-hole par three course, an 18-hole putting course, a kids-only golf area, and a cutting-edge two-sided driving range with Top Tracer technology, designed pro bono by PGA Tour Coach, Darren May.
- Via Mizner Golf & City Club, the all-new private club in Boca Raton, offers two refined member experiences – a Jack Nicklaus Signature course with 18 championship holes at The Golf Club and an exclusive hub for social gatherings and upscale relaxation at The City Club.
- PopStroke, an extraordinary mini-golf experience backed by Tiger Woods, introduces three state-of-the-art locations in Delray Beach (2023), West Palm Beach (2024), and Wellington (2024), featuring synthetic turf putting courses with fairways and bunkers akin to traditional golf courses.
- TGL, a pioneering golf league in partnership with the PGA TOUR, promises a new dimension in golf entertainment that will revolutionize the sport, focusing on innovation, technology, and engaging fan experiences. The purpose-built SoFi Center at Palm Beach State College will serve as a groundbreaking venue, seamlessly blending a data-rich virtual course with a one-of-a-kind short game complex, offering a distinctive and immersive experience for both on-site spectators and viewers worldwide.
A VIBRANT ARRAY OF ART AND ATTRACTIONS
- The Norton Museum of Art will delve into impressionist and modern masterpieces at the “Artists in Motion: Impressionist and Modern Masterpieces from the Pearlman Collection” exhibit, now through Feb 18, 2024.
- The Flagler Museum will present the evolution of technology through time with “Bicycles: Technology that Changed the World” and the Art Nouveau aesthetic with “Alphonse Mucha: Master of Art Nouveau,” now through Dec. 17, 2023.
- The Historical Society of Palm Beach County will present “Endless Summer: Palm Beach Resort Wear” at The Richard and Pat Johnson Palm Beach County History Museum, exploring The Palm Beaches’ impact on fashion history, Nov. 9 through May 25, 2024.
- Mounts Botanical Garden will enchant visitors with “Origami in the Garden,” an artistic marvel by Santa Fe artists Jennifer and Kevin Box, featuring 20 larger-than-life sculptures inspired by the ancient Japanese art of origami coming Jan. 7 to May 12, 2024.
- Busch Wildlife Sanctuary at Abramson & Schlaggar Reserve expands to a larger location in Jupiter Farms, a testament to their commitment to wildlife conservation and education. The newly opened facility is a haven designed to elevate the visitor experience, featuring spacious habitats, interactive exhibits, and a fully equipped wildlife rehab center, ensuring the utmost care for the animals under their protection.
- The Royal Poinciana Plaza Après Beach gives the après scene a Palm Beach twist on Sunday afternoons this season, starting November through January, with cabanas styled by Royal retailers amidst a lush courtyard complete with bubbles, bites, and beats.
A SIZZLING CULINARY SCENE
- The James Beard Award‘s ‘Best Chef’ in the South category for 2023 honored five new Palm Beach County chefs as semifinalists for the coveted award. Adding to an already impressive list of award-winning chefs, the distinguished chefs making this prestigious list include Jeremy and Cindy Bearman of Oceano Kitchen, the creative genius Rick Mace of Tropical Smokehouse, the culinary virtuoso Pushkar Marathe of Stage Kitchen & Bar, and the exceptional Lojo Washington of Queen of Sheeba.
- The Palm Beach Food and Wine Festival is the ultimate treat for avid food enthusiasts, set to dazzle with a four-day extravaganza of culinary delights from Dec. 7-10. The 16th annual festival is now partnering with Wine Spectator to increase its wine capabilities with more than 60 wine tables at the popular Grand Tasting event, is hosting seven new events in 2023, and is expanding its footprint throughout The Palm Beaches with a kick-off party in Boca Raton.
- Café Boulud, Chef Daniel Boulud’s famed Palm Beach outpost, now offers daily afternoon tea with a French twist featuring a picturesque setting with a menu of Instagram-worthy specialty teas, mini madeleines, and scones, as well as mouthwatering and perfectly proportioned savory and sweet bites, thoughtfully fashioned by Executive Pastry Chef Julie Franceschini.
- The Palm Beaches are buzzing with the arrival of over a dozen new culinary hotspots including The Jupiter Grill by the celebrated Chef Paul Niedermann, winner of “Hell’s Kitchen” in 2012, The House, a culinary jewel nestled within The Park, West Palm Beach’s latest golf haven, under the guidance of top chef Jason Van Bomel, and Pink Steak a modern steakhouse in West Palm Beach with a retro-chic Florida vibe by Julien Gremaud, the creative mind behind the beloved Avocado Grill.
- Highly-acclaimed New York transplants are also making a mark, including Harry’s, Adrienne’s Pizzabar and Felice at The Square in West Palm Beach, Gallaghers Steakhouse in Boca Raton, and soon, Campi by acclaimed restaurateur Curt Huegel at The Ray Hotel in Delray Beach. Additional famed eateries from the northeast set to open in 2024 include Tutto Mare, a Mediterranean concept by the Tutto il Giorno restaurant group that will open at The Royal Poinciana Plaza as Palm Beach’s first and only intra-coastal waterfront destination, and Maman, a French café and bakery at The Square.
- More fresh dining experiences on the menu for 2024 include Limani Grille and Madame Tang’s at Town Center at Boca Raton, and a host of enticing concepts at Restaurant Row in Boca Raton, including Pubbelly Sushi, El Camino, Fiolina Pasta House led by Michelin-star chef Fabio Trabocchi, and Shabibi, a Lebanese-inspired culinary gem by chef Ralph Pagano of Naked Taco restaurants.
ARRIVE WITH EASE & STYLE
- Brightline, the epitome of modern, eco-conscious intercity rail in the U.S., recently extended its services to and from Orlando International Airport. This novel connectivity now effortlessly links West Palm Beach and Boca Raton with vibrant cities from Orlando to South Florida—Miami, Aventura, Fort Lauderdale—ushering in unparalleled ease of exploration for travelers.
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) To meet the demand, the airport is undergoing a multi-million-dollar project at Concourse B, part of a phased modernization program for PBI. The first phase will include a new 3,000-square-foot restaurant and restroom expansion. Other updates will consist of an overall refresh, an integrated nursing suite, a sensory room to create a calming space for travelers with autism and more. To view returning and seasonal flights visit https://www.pbia.org/airservice.
SOURCE Discover The Palm Beaches, PR Newswire
The Legacy of Garrett Augustus Morgan Sr.: A Trailblazer in Invention, Business, and Community Leadership
Garrett Augustus Morgan Sr.: Inventor, businessman, and community leader whose legacy continues to inspire generations with his groundbreaking contributions.
Garrett Augustus Morgan Sr., a prominent figure in American history, left an indelible mark through his remarkable contributions as an inventor, businessman, and community leader. Born on March 4, 1877, Morgan’s legacy continues to inspire generations.
One of Morgan’s most renowned inventions was the three-way traffic light, a pivotal innovation that revolutionized road safety and traffic management. Additionally, his creation of the protective ‘smoke hood’ proved instrumental during the 1916 tunnel construction disaster rescue, saving numerous lives and highlighting his commitment to public safety.
Beyond his inventions, Morgan ventured into the realm of haircare, developing a groundbreaking chemical hair-processing solution that led to the establishment of the successful “G. A. Morgan Hair Refining Company.” His entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to innovation paved the way for a complete line of haircare products.
Morgan’s influence extended beyond the business world; he actively engaged in the civic and political advancement of African Americans, particularly in Cleveland, Ohio, and surrounding areas. His efforts exemplified a commitment to fostering positive change and empowerment within his community.
In recognition of his significant contributions, several institutions and landmarks bear Morgan’s name, honoring his legacy. From the Garrett A. Morgan Cleveland School of Science to the Garrett A. Morgan Water Treatment Plant, his impact is immortalized in various locations across the United States.
Notably, Morgan’s legacy was nationally recognized at the Emancipation Centennial Celebration in Chicago in August 1963, underscoring his enduring influence and importance in American history. His inclusion in the book “100 Greatest African Americans” by Molefi Kete Asante further solidifies his place among the most influential figures in African American history.
Morgan’s inventions continue to captivate audiences, with his safety hood featured on popular television shows like “Inventions that Shook the World” and “Mysteries at the Museum,” showcasing the lasting impact of his innovations on society.
As an honorary member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity, Morgan’s dedication to excellence and service continues to inspire individuals to strive for greatness and make a positive difference in their communities.
The remarkable life and achievements of Garrett Augustus Morgan Sr. serve as a testament to the power of innovation, entrepreneurship, and advocacy, leaving a lasting legacy that resonates with generations past, present, and future.
The Enigmatic Zodiacal Light: A Celestial Phenomenon Around the March Equinox
Witness the ethereal glow of the zodiacal light around the March equinox, a celestial spectacle connecting us to the mysteries of the cosmos.
As the March equinox approaches, a mystical glow known as the zodiacal light graces the evening sky, captivating skywatchers with its ethereal presence. This luminous cone, visible just after twilight fades, enchants those in the Northern Hemisphere from late February to early March. Glimpsing this elusive spectacle requires a keen eye and a dark sky, offering a unique connection to the cosmos.
The zodiacal light, often mistaken for lingering twilight or distant city lights, holds a fascinating origin story. It arises from sunlight reflecting off dust grains orbiting the sun in the inner solar system. Initially thought to be remnants from our solar system’s formation, recent theories suggest a Martian origin. These dust grains, ranging from millimeter-sized to micron-sized, form a delicate pathway mirroring the sun and moon’s journey across the ecliptic, the plane of our solar system.
For stargazers in the Southern Hemisphere, the zodiacal light presents itself as a hazy pyramid in the east before dawn, offering a celestial dance of light and shadow. Capturing this celestial ballet on camera can be a rewarding experience, showcasing the beauty of our interconnected universe.
The best times to witness this cosmic display vary with the seasons. Spring heralds the zodiacal light in the evening, while autumn reveals its splendor before dawn. The optimal viewing window extends from late August to early November in the Northern Hemisphere and from late February to early May in the Southern Hemisphere, aligning with the equinoxes.
To behold this enigmatic light, one must seek out a dark sky location, free from the glare of city lights. The zodiacal light’s milky radiance surpasses that of the summer Milky Way, offering a serene and awe-inspiring sight. Whether observed after dusk in spring or before dawn in autumn, this celestial phenomenon promises a glimpse into the vastness of our solar system.
As we marvel at the zodiacal light’s gentle glow, we are reminded of the interconnectedness of Earth and the cosmos. So, next time you find yourself under a starlit sky around the equinox, remember to cast your gaze towards the heavens and witness the celestial dance of the zodiacal light.
The Return of the Giant Pandas: A Symbol of Renewed Diplomacy Between China and the United States
China’s plan to send a new pair of giant pandas to the San Diego Zoo signifies a renewed era of wildlife diplomacy and friendship with the United States.
In a gesture reflecting the enduring bond between China and the United States, the China Wildlife Conservation Association has announced plans to send a new pair of giant pandas to the San Diego Zoo. This move marks a significant renewal of friendship after the recall of iconic bears on loan to U.S. zoos amid strained relations between the two nations.
The recent signing of cooperation agreements with zoos in San Diego and Madrid, along with ongoing discussions with zoos in Washington, D.C., and Vienna, underscores a fresh round of collaboration on panda conservation. This initiative not only highlights the importance of protecting these beloved creatures but also serves as a symbol of unity and shared commitment to wildlife preservation.
San Diego Zoo officials have expressed great anticipation for the arrival of the two pandas, a male and a female, expected to reach the zoo by the end of summer. Megan Owen, Vice President of Wildlife Conservation Science at the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, shared her excitement, stating, “They’ve expressed a tremendous amount of enthusiasm to re-initiate panda cooperation starting with the San Diego Zoo.”
As these gentle giants prepare to make their return to the San Diego Zoo, the significance of this gesture extends beyond conservation efforts. It serves as a testament to the power of wildlife diplomacy in fostering understanding and goodwill between nations, transcending political differences to focus on shared values and a common goal of protecting our planet’s biodiversity.
The upcoming arrival of the giant pandas symbolizes a renewed era of collaboration, friendship, and hope for a future where conservation efforts transcend borders and unite us in our shared responsibility to safeguard the natural world.
Source: Associated Press
Community12 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Senior Pickleball Report1 year ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Entertainment1 year ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Blog1 year ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Automotive12 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Senior Pickleball Report1 year ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers1 year ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog1 year ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day