Modernized Delivery Network and Efficient New Facilities Key to Consumer Savings
WASHINGTON /PRNewswire/ — As the holiday season approaches and online shopping activity intensifies, the United States Postal Service (USPS) is strongly positioned to handle the expected surge in package and mail deliveries in a superior and routine manner ahead of and following Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
“We will be the most affordable way to ship and mail holiday cheer this year.” – Postmaster General and CEO Louis DeJoyTweet
“Our commitment is unwavering, and our preparation is thorough. We have been strategically planning early and leveraging significant investments in our people, infrastructure, delivery network, and technology,” said Postmaster General and CEO Louis DeJoy. “Thanks to the Delivering for America plan, we will be the most affordable way to ship and mail holiday cheer this year.”
USPS is built for the holidays with affordable, reliable shipping services to help its customers send more joy this season. The ongoing transformation of the Postal Service includes efficient new facilities and a modernized delivery network to better serve its customers this holiday season, and year-round.
To help customers experience seamless shipping and mailing during the holidays and beyond, USPS offers the following tips:
- Send Early. Avoid the last-minute rush by sending items well before the recommended holiday shipping and mailing dates available online here.
- Use Online Tools – Customers can use Click-N-Ship to purchase shipping labels, order Priority Mail packaging, and schedule free carrier pick up directly from their home or office. The Postal Service also offers stamps, shipping supplies, collectibles, and unique items to customers online at The Postal Store.
- Stay Informed – Sign up for Informed Delivery, a free service from USPS that shows customers preview images of incoming mail, plus status updates about incoming and outbound packages.
- Ship Safely – Metallic mercury and devices containing metallic mercury are always prohibited in the mail stream. This includes antique items such as thermometers, barometers, blood pressure monitors and similar devices. More information on shipping hazardous materials is available online here.
- Stay Updated – Utilize the Postal Service’s convenient online USPS Holiday Newsroom at usps.com/holidaynews to find resources, tools, and expert advice to help make holiday shipping and mailing effortless.
No Holiday Surcharges
The Postal Service previously announced it will not levy any additional surcharges for customers this holiday season, offering increased predictability in pricing for customers. There will be no additional fees for residential area delivery, for Saturday delivery or for minimum volumes. USPS will continue to be the most affordable way to mail and ship this holiday season.
Key Investments Ahead of the Holidays
In preparation for the 2023 peak holiday season, USPS made strategic investments under the Delivering for America plan, including:
- USPS Ground Advantage: Introducing an affordable, reliable, and simple ground shipping solution with expected delivery within the U.S. in about 2-5 business days.
- Hiring 10,000 Seasonal Employees: In addition to the 150,000 employees that have converted to full time career-positions with USPS in the past two years.
- 348 New Package Sorting Machines: Enhancing package processing capabilities with additional machines to be installed.
- Increased Daily Package Processing Capacity to 70 Million: This expanded capacity eliminates the need for the Postal Service to lease temporary annexes.
- More Reliable Ground Transportation: Shifting 95% of volume to more reliable ground transportation, reducing reliance on expensive air transportation.
“In the face of the busiest shipping season, the United States Postal Service stands ready,” said DeJoy. “We are confident in our ability to handle the holiday season surge with the same efficiency and reliability that the nation has come to expect from us throughout the year.”
Please Note: The United States Postal Service is an independent federal establishment, mandated to be self-financing and to serve every American community through the affordable, reliable and secure delivery of mail and packages to nearly 165 million addresses six and often seven days a week. Overseen by a bipartisan Board of Governors, the Postal Service is implementing a 10-year transformation plan, Delivering for America, to modernize the postal network, restore long-term financial sustainability, dramatically improve service across all mail and shipping categories, and maintain the organization as one of America’s most valued and trusted brands.
The Postal Service generally receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
For USPS media resources, including broadcast-quality video and audio and photo stills, visit the USPS Newsroom. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn. Subscribe to the USPS YouTube Channel and like us on Facebook. For more information about the Postal Service, visit usps.com and facts.usps.com.
SOURCE U.S. Postal Service
Eutelsat’s OneWeb Constellation: Grounded Challenges Amidst Global Broadband Ambitions
Eutelsat’s OneWeb project faces ground-based delays, impacting global broadband plans and revenue forecasts.
Eutelsat, a prominent satellite operator based in France, has encountered unexpected hurdles in deploying its ambitious OneWeb satellite constellation. The network, envisioned to deliver high-speed internet connectivity worldwide, has hit roadblocks not in space, but rather on the ground.
Read the story in Gizmodo: https://gizmodo.com/eutelsat-oneweb-internet-satellite-delays-starlink-1851209229
The delays in the deployment of the OneWeb satellite constellation have cast a shadow over Eutelsat’s plans to offer comprehensive global-scale broadband coverage. While the successful launch of the broadband satellites has been achieved, the operational setbacks have proven to be a significant stumbling block for the company’s strategic initiatives.
The disruptions not only affect the timely realization of Eutelsat’s global broadband coverage plans but also pose a challenge to the anticipated revenue streams associated with the OneWeb satellite constellation. Despite being described as a “minor factor,” this delay has put a dent in the company’s ambitions, underlining the intricate nature of satellite deployment and the unforeseen challenges that can arise in the pursuit of global connectivity.
Eutelsat’s current predicament underscores the complexities involved in executing large-scale satellite projects and serves as a reminder of the multifaceted nature of the satellite industry. As the company navigates through these ground-based challenges, the ultimate success of the OneWeb satellite constellation remains a pivotal milestone in Eutelsat’s mission to revolutionize global internet accessibility.
DREW BREES JOINS THE PICKLR AS AMBASSADOR AND FRANCHISE INVESTOR
KAYSVILLE, Utah, Jan. 31, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — The Picklr, North America’s fastest-growing indoor pickleball facility, announces that 20-year NFL veteran and famed New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has joined The Picklr as an ambassador, investor, and franchise owner. The 2009 Super Bowl Champion combines his passion for pickleball and community development by adding The Picklr to his portfolio of businesses, which already includes ownership in various multi-unit franchises.
As a national brand ambassador, Drew Brees will work closely with The Picklr to promote the brand and its mission to provide state-of-the-art sports facilities for athletes of all ages and skill levels. In addition, Drew will also become an owner of several facilities and act as the Area Developer of thirty Picklr franchises throughout Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan. An inductee of Purdue’s Intercollegiate Athletics Hall of Fame, Brees will open his first flagship Picklr location in Indianapolis in 2024.
“My mission in business and franchising is to work with top-tier organizations and people to create a best-in-class culture and provide exceptional experiences. I saw that immediately with The Picklr,” said Drew Brees. “We have created a community and environment where everyone can build relationships, compete, develop skills, and have fun while promoting a healthy and active lifestyle through one of the most popular sports in the world. Pickleball is for everyone, and there is no better place to be than The Picklr.”
“Everyone recognizes Drew’s prowess on the football field, but many may not realize that he has built franchising expertise for over a decade,” said Scott Schubiger, Chief Growth Officer of The Picklr. “Getting to know Drew over the last few months has made it abundantly clear that our collective passion and vision for the sport of pickleball are perfectly aligned. We are truly honored and could think of no better person than Drew Brees to join The Picklr family as an investor, brand ambassador, and 30-unit, multi-state franchisee.”
ABOUT THE PICKLR:
At The Picklr, pickleball is more than just a sport; it’s a lifestyle that fosters community, competition, and fun. With nearly 175 state-of-the-art clubs, professional coaching, and a vibrant atmosphere, The Picklr offers an unparalleled pickleball experience for players of all skill levels. All locations offer professional-grade outdoor surfacing, best-in-class technology, and access to free leagues, tournaments, and clinics. Follow The Picklr on Instagram, X, LinkedIn, Facebook, and TikTok for news on locations and tournaments, or visit https://thepicklr.com/franchise/to learn more about owning a franchise.
SOURCE The Picklr
CHIPOTLE INTRODUCES NEW BENEFITS TO HELP ATTRACT AND SUPPORT ITS GROWING GEN Z WORKFORCE
- The company’s new benefits prioritize financial and mental health
- For the first time, Chipotle is offering a Student Loan Retirement Match program and access to a special high-tech Visa card that can build credit for all employees
- Chipotle is looking to hire 19,000 additional employees for its upcoming “burrito season,” the company’s busiest time of year running from March to May
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Jan. 24, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) announced today that it will be providing additional financial wellness and mental well-being support for more than 110,000 employees through a new Employee Assistance Program and enhanced benefits. The company will hire additional employees over the next couple of months to prepare for its busiest period of the year from March to May, which has been famously coined “burrito season.”
Chipotle’s new benefits will enable eligible employees to:
- Pay off student debt while saving for retirement: Utilizing SoFi’s Student Loan Verification (SLV) service, once an employee becomes eligible for Chipotle’s 401(k) plan match, the company will match up to 4% of an employee’s salary through contributions to their 401(k) if they make eligible student loan payments. The benefit solution, launched in response to Congress’ approval of the Securing a Strong Retirement Act (SECURE 2.0), allows employees who qualify to no longer have to choose between paying off student debt or saving for retirement – they can do both.
- Build credit through high-tech banking: Chipotle employees will have access to a premium banking experience from Cred.ai featuring a high-tech Visa card that offers security features, faster access to paychecks, and Cred.ai’s “Credit Optimizer,” which helps build and boost credit scores automatically, even for employees who already have good credit.
- Manage their financial wellness: Chipotle’s partnership with SoFi will also give employees access to the SoFi at Work Dashboard, a leading financial well-being education platform, which includes an assessment of current financial outlook, followed by suggestions and tools to improve.
- Access mental health resources: Chipotle’s New Employee Assistance Program (EAP), SupportLinc, powered by CuraLinc Healthcare, focuses on mental and emotional well-being. It includes six free sessions with a licensed counselor or mental health coach, as well as access to tools, resources, and community support for legal, financial, and family matters.
More than 73% of Chipotle’s restaurant employees are Gen Z, and these new benefits cater to the challenges they are facing. It has been widely cited that those born in the late 90s through the early 2000s are experiencing notable financial challenges, including racking up credit card debt faster than previous generations* and being nearly twice as likely as the general population to not feel confident managing their money**.
“Empowering our talent is embedded in our company’s culture,” said Ilene Eskenazi, Chief Human Resources Officer, Chipotle. “As we push toward our long-term goal of operating 7,000 restaurants in North America, it’s crucial that we listen to and adapt to the needs of our team members, so they can grow with us.”
Career Mobility at Chipotle
Crew members at Chipotle can advance to a Restaurateur in as little as three and a half years, with a total potential compensation package of approximately $100,000 while leading a multi-million-dollar business. Nearly 90 percent of current restaurant leadership started as crew members and progressed to management positions. In 2023, Chipotle promoted over 26,000 employees.
“Today we have many examples of crew members rising through the ranks and now holding restaurant leadership roles, which are among the proudest accomplishments of this organization,” said Scott Boatwright, Chief Operating Officer, Chipotle. “With 2024’s ‘burrito season’ approaching, there are more career opportunities than ever at Chipotle.”
World Class Benefits
Chipotle’s new offerings continue to build on the company’s best-in-class employee benefits, including competitive wages: an all-crew bonus program, which allows its restaurant employees the opportunity to earn up to an extra month’s worth of pay each year; access to mental health care and medical, dental and vision insurance; English as a second language for employees and their families; tuition reimbursement and debt-free college degrees; 401(k) with employer match; paid vacation and sick leave; flexible schedules, free meals and more.
Those interested in joining Chipotle on its mission to Cultivate a Better World can apply here: Chipotle Careers.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 3,300 restaurants as of September 30, 2023, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants in North America and Europe. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2023 list for Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Time Magazine’s Most Influential Companies. With over 110,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
SOURCE Chipotle Mexican Grill
Community12 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Senior Pickleball Report1 year ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Entertainment1 year ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Blog1 year ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Automotive12 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Senior Pickleball Report1 year ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers1 year ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog1 year ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day