(Family Features) Summertime celebrations with friends, family and neighbors are a perfect way to enjoy the sunshine, warm weather and camaraderie. To satisfy a hungry crowd, though, you’ll need recipes fit for the occasion.
Turn to a versatile signature ingredient like Grapes from California, which can be used in dishes of all kinds from refreshing salads and entrees to flavorful condiments and sweet desserts. Grapes are crisp, juicy and sweet, making them a fantastic addition of flavor and texture for a wide range of recipes. Whether fresh, sauteed, roasted, grilled or even pickled, grapes make it easy to take meals to the next level.
For example, you can start the festivities with grapes as an easy, portable and healthy snack perfect for summer days or use them as a juicy addition to this all-in-one Honey-Lime Quinoa and Grape Salad that’s ideal as a light appetizer or a meal all on its own. Follow it up (or pair it) with a summertime staple – hot dogs – given a sweet-tart twist from pickled grape relish that takes these Sweet and Tangy Pickled Grape Hot Dogs to new heights.
Dessert can’t be much easier than Creamy Vegan Grape Ice Cream as a dairy-free alternative to traditional summer sweets. Oat coffee creamer and pureed grapes are all you need to create this delicious frozen treat. Simply freezing whole grapes also makes for an easy and healthy frozen dessert.
Visit GrapesFromCalifornia.com to discover more summer entertaining inspiration.
Honey-Lime Quinoa and Grape Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus at least 1 hour chill time
Cook time: 22 minutes
Servings: 6 (1 1/3 cups per serving)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups halved Grapes from California
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 large firm, ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- To make lime vinaigrette: In medium bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, honey, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- To make salad: In fine mesh strainer, rinse quinoa; drain well. In medium saucepan, bring broth and quinoa to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes then fluff with fork and let cool. Transfer to large bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over quinoa; stir well to coat. Add grapes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Lightly stir in avocado and transfer to decorative bowl. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
Notes: Salad may be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days ahead without avocado and peanuts. Add avocado and peanuts just before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: 520 calories; 10 g protein; 52 g carbohydrates; 32 g fat (55% calories from fat); 4 1/2 g saturated fat (8% calories from saturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 490 mg sodium; 7 g fiber.
Sweet and Tangy Pickled Grape Dogs
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus 1 hour marinating time
Cook time: 5 minutes
Servings: 8 (1/4 cup relish per serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups quartered or coarsely chopped Grapes from California (red, green, black or combination)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 turkey or chicken hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, lightly toasted
- Place mustard seeds, coriander seeds and black peppercorns in small resealable bag. Using meat mallet or rolling pin, crush seeds and peppercorns.
- In small saucepan, stir vinegar, sugar, seeds and peppercorns; bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir to dissolve sugar; let cool. Stir in grapes and onion; set aside to cool and marinate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill hot dogs 5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until charred and heated through.
- Place hot dogs in buns. Using slotted spoon, top with pickled grapes.
Nutritional information per serving: 280 calories; 10 g protein; 39 g carbohydrates; 10 g fat (32% calories from fat); 2 g saturated fat (6% calories from saturated fat); 35 mg cholesterol; 630 mg sodium; 1 g fiber.
Creamy Vegan Grape Ice Cream
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Servings: 8 (1/2 cup per serving)
- 1 pound stemmed black Grapes from California
- 12 ounces vanilla oat coffee creamer, well chilled
- 12 ounces unsweetened oat coffee creamer, well chilled
- In high-speed blender, puree grapes until smooth. Transfer to medium saucepan and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook 10-15 minutes, or until reduced to 1 cup. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Stir creamer into pureed grapes and pour into bowl of ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to freezer-safe container; cover and freeze until firm.
Substitution: For lighter color, use 3/4 pound black grapes and 1/4 pound red.
Note: Make sure ice cream maker bowl is well chilled or frozen before making ice cream.
Nutritional information per serving: 140 calories; 0 g protein; 22 g carbohydrates; 6 g fat (39% calories from fat); 0 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium; 1 g fiber.
PANERA ANNOUNCES MYPANERA® WEEK CELEBRATION FEATURING SAVINGS & SURPRISES FOR LOYALTY MEMBERS
MyPanera Week “Fall Faves Fest” kicks off with National Coffee Day and offers deals from October 1 through October 7 including the chance for a VIP college football game experience
ST. LOUIS, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Panera Bread kicks off the MyPanera Week Fall Faves Fest – a week-long celebration of loyalty members and everything they love about fall: crave-worthy comforts, full on flavor and deals on all things cozy. Whether you love Autumn Squash Soup, Cinnamon Crunch Lattes, Mac & Cheese or any of Panera’s signature soups, salads and sandwiches, MyPanera Week’s daily deals have something for every Panera fan. Just in time for National Coffee Day, the week kicks off with exclusive deals on Panera’s Unlimited Sip Club.
Taking place now through October 7, MyPanera Week will celebrate MyPanera loyalty members with exclusive Panera perks and offers for MyPanera members throughout the week, including*:
- 9/29 & 10/1: Panera Celebrates National Coffee Day with deals on Unlimited Sip Club Memberships – new and lapsed subscribers who sign up by October 10 can choose from:
- $5/month for 4 months of Unlimited Sip Club
- $99 Annual Unlimited Sip Club Subscription for one year
- 10/2: $2 Off Mac & Cheese (in app only)
- 10/2 – 11/2: 20% off Panera Catering orders of $200 or more
- 10/3: Enjoy Panera at home with discounts on Panera Grocery products (includes $2.50 off mac or soups, $1 off salad dressings and $1 off coffee products)
- 10/4: Buy One, Get One 50% off Sandwiches (in app only)
- 10/6: Buy One, Get One 50% off Soups (in app only)
- 10/7: Launch of Panera x Dr Pepper Bready.Set.Score Challenge. MyPanera members can play a football themed field goal game for a chance to win one of 500K instant discounts and entries for a chance to win one of three grand prizes of a VIP college football game experience
- Weeklong Deals from 10/1-10/7:
- $0 Delivery Fees on orders of $10 or more
- 20% off Panera online Gift Cards
- Double MyPanera visit credits with purchases of $10 or more
- 20% off Panera Shop Merch
“We are thrilled to celebrate our loyalty members with another exciting MyPanera Week lineup full of deals and special surprises,” said Meenakshi Nagarajan, Chief Digital Officer, Panera Bread, “This weeklong celebration is another example of the disruptive value and personalized rewards that Panera is known for – we hope our members enjoy unrivaled access to savings from our bakery-cafes as well as gamified challenges to unlock big wins.”
MyPanera members are rewarded for enjoying their Panera favorites from soups and salads to Toasted Baguette Sandwiches and Unlimited Sip Club, and enjoying perks including complimentary bakery-cafe items, birthday rewards, exclusive menu previews and tastings, access to exciting Panera content and more.
For more information on MyPanera Week or to join MyPanera, visit PaneraBread.com.
*Restrictions apply. Full MyPanera Week terms available here.
About Panera Bread
Panera Bread opened in 1987 as a community bakery, founded with a secret sourdough starter and a belief that sharing great bread is an expression of warmth and generosity. That vision holds true today with a robust menu of delicious, chef-curated recipes created with a simple principle: The Familiar, Made Fantastic™. At Panera, we serve food that we are proud to serve our own families, made with responsibly raised proteins and freshly prepared with Clean ingredients–food that does not contain the artificial preservatives, sweeteners, flavors, and colors from artificial sources set forth on our No-No list served in U.S. bakery-cafes. From crave-worthy soups, salads and sandwiches to flatbread pizza and sweets, we offer our guests more than great food. Our ethos of generosity drives us to meet our guests where they are through technology and through our shared values. We are stewards of our communities and the planet — with programs like Day-End Dough-Nation® that donates unsold baked goods in the evening to local non-profits, or labeling climate-friendly low carbon Cool Food Meals.
As of September 26, 2023 there were 2,138 bakery-cafes, company and franchise, in 48 states and in Ontario, Canada, operating under the Panera Bread® or Saint Louis Bread Co.® names. Panera Bread is part of Panera Brands, one of the largest fast casual restaurant companies in the U.S., comprised of Panera Bread®, Caribou Coffee® and Einstein Bros.® Bagels. For more information, visit panerabread.com or find us on Twitter (@panerabread), Facebook (facebook.com/panerabread) Instagram (@panerabread) or TikTok (@panerabread).
SOURCE Panera Bread
OSMOW’S™ NATIONAL SHAWARMA DAY IS BAAAACK ON OCTOBER 15!
TORONTO /PRNewswire/ – With more than 160 restaurants across North America, OSMOW’s is layering on the excitement for tasty Middle Eastern street food with its Fourth Annual National Shawarma Day on October 15!
Montreal to Miami, Buffalo to British Columbia, OSMOW’s is calling all carnivores, vegetarians, spice lovers, and everyone in between: National Shawarma Day is the day to raise a shawarma for just $5!
Shawarma is a flavourful, marinated meat that slowly cooks on a rotating skewer. On OSMOW’s National Shawarma Day, everyone is invited to enjoy the rich flavours and cultural significance of this beloved dish at a price that dates back to OSMOW’s 2001 opening.
“Every October 15, shawarma becomes a symbol of unity and joy as throngs of people visit us!” says OSMOW’s CEO & Head of Franchising Ben Osmow.
“Traditions bind us. We are excited to celebrate our fourth annual Shawarma Day, which has become a fun new tradition for new and loyal customers, franchisees, suppliers, and our delivery partners. Here’s to a delicious flavour bringing joy to life. Come by, customize your toppings, engage with our crews, and feast for the fun of it for just $5.”
The celebration includes special deals on OSMOW’s legendary Chicken Shawarma wrap or ON THE ROCKS® for just $5. Vegetarians can also enjoy a Falafel Wrap or ON THE ROCKS® at the same deal.
Additional highlights of OSMOW’s National Shawarma Day celebration include:
At OSMOW’s, Shawarma is prepared a little differently. Once the marinated meat is delicately carved, it’s grilled to caramelized perfection and then served ON THE ROCKS® (rice), STIX® (fries) or classically wrapped in a thin pita bread that’s then expertly grilled. Personalized with add-ons like fresh herbs and vegetables, feta or house-made sauces means there are endless combinations of Shawarma meals bursting with delicious flavours. A fan-favourite for a reason! Remember to try the Garlic S’Oz or OSMOW’s Scorchin’ Hot S’Oz, which is a favourite among our fans.
OSMOW’s believes in giving back. Through the Osmow’s Hope Fund initiative, the company supports children in need by raising funds to provide them with daily meals in schools in Zambia, India, and Pakistan. Since 2021, OSMOW’s has raised over $200,000, with 100% of proceeds going towards the communities they support.
Social Media Engagement
Join the online celebration and connect with other Shawarma enthusiasts all across North America! Share your Shawarma experiences and stories on social media using the hashtag #NationalShawarmaDay when you post your photos, videos, and reels to spread the word. Who can go viral in support of Shawarma, fast, casual restaurants, and local businesses?
“National Shawarma Day is not only about great food. It’s about celebrating culture, diversity, and the tradition of sharing a meal with loved ones”, says President & CMO of OSMOW’s Bernadette Osmow. “It’s a day to connect with others and appreciate the joy of eating together. OSMOW’S is excited to continue this tradition on October 15, honoring our culinary traditions and the vibrant cultural diversity found in North America. Everyone is invited to join in this celebration of flavourful food and cultural exploration.”
OSMOW’S invites everyone to celebrate October 15 as National Shawarma Day as this exciting flavourful food niche continues to grow, in the spirit of diversity and cultural exploration.
For more information, visit osmows.com and follow @osmows on social media.
Founded in 2001 by Sam Osmow, the first OSMOW’S restaurant was located in Streetsville, Ontario, Canada, and remains a successful operation to this day. More than 20 years ago, as a recent immigrant to Canada, Sam saw an opportunity to bring his Egyptian roots to the Canadian landscape blending traditional Egyptian cuisine balanced with a North American palate. Filling a void in the current fast-casual culinary marketplace, OSMOW’S flavourful dishes with signature sauces such as the fan-favorite garlic sauce keep bringing customers back to satisfy their cravings. OSMOW’S has grown to 160 restaurants across Canada and the United States. OSMOW’S invites all other Mediterranean brands to celebrate October 15 as National Shawarma Day as we continue to grow this exciting flavourful food niche, in the spirit of diversity and cultural exploration.
SOURCE Osmow’s Shawarma
Almond Milk Market Set to Grow at a Remarkable CAGR of 13.6% to Reach $20.3 Billion by 2028
DUBLIN /PRNewswire/ — The “Almond Milk Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global almond milk market has witnessed substantial growth, reaching $8.9 billion in 2022, and is expected to expand even further. The market is projected to reach $20.3 billion by 2028, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.6% during the forecast period from 2023 to 2028.
Almond milk, made from an emulsion of blanched almonds, acacia, sugar, and water, has gained significant popularity as a lactose-free, low-calorie alternative to conventional milk. It is not only rich in vitamins E and D but also offers numerous health benefits, including heart health, bone and muscle strengthening, blood sugar level maintenance, and support for weight management.
These qualities have made almond milk a sought-after product in the food and beverage (F&B) and personal care industries worldwide. The market offers a variety of packaging and flavors, including plain, vanilla, mango, and chocolate.
Key Market Drivers
Several factors are contributing to the growth of the global almond milk market:
- Rising Cases of Lactose Intolerance and Hypercholesterolemia: The increasing prevalence of lactose intolerance and hypercholesterolemia is driving demand for almond milk as a suitable dairy alternative.
- Growing Health Consciousness: As individuals become more health-conscious, they are turning to plant-based options like almond milk. This trend is particularly strong among the vegan population.
- Expansion into Personal Care: The personal care industry, influenced by changing lifestyles and rising incomes, is incorporating almond milk-based products into their offerings.
- E-commerce Growth: With the growth of the e-commerce sector, leading manufacturers are offering almond milk products through online distribution channels, offering convenience and unique flavors to consumers.
The global almond milk market is segmented based on several key factors:
- Type: Plain and flavored.
- Category: Organic and conventional.
- Packaging Type: Carton, glass, and others.
- Application: Beverages, frozen desserts, personal care, and others.
- Distribution Channel: Hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Region: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa.
Key players in the global almond milk market include Blue Diamond Growers, Califia Farms LLC, Daiya Foods Inc., Earth’s Own Food Company Inc., Hain Celestial Group, Hiland Dairy Foods, Malk Organics LLC, Pacific Foods of Oregon LLC, Sanitarium, SunOpta Inc., and The WhiteWave Foods Company, among others.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
- What was the size of the global almond milk market in 2022?
- What is the expected growth rate of the global almond milk market during 2023-2028?
- What are the key factors driving the global almond milk market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global almond milk market?
- What is the breakup of the global almond milk market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the global almond milk market based on the category?
- What is the breakup of the global almond milk market based on packaging type?
- What is the breakup of the global almond milk market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the global almond milk market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the key regions in the global almond milk market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global almond milk market?
Report Attribute Details No. of Pages 149 Forecast Period 2022 – 2028 Estimated Market Value (USD) in 2022 $8.9 Billion Forecasted Market Value (USD) by 2028 $20.3 Billion Compound Annual Growth Rate 14.7 % Regions Covered Global
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5lax1q
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets
Senior Pickleball Report8 months ago
ACE PICKLEBALL CLUB TO DEBUT THEIR HIGHLY ANTICIPATED INDOOR PICKLEBALL FRANCHISES IN THE US, IN EARLY 2023
Community7 months ago
Diana Gregory Talks to us about Diana Gregory’s Outreach Services
Entertainment10 months ago
The Absolute Most Comfortable Pickleball Shoe I’ve Ever Worn!
Automotive7 months ago
2023 Nissan Sentra pricing starts at $19,950
Blog8 months ago
Unique Experiences at the CitizenM
Senior Pickleball Report8 months ago
“THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS OF PICKLEBALL” – VOTING OPEN
influencers7 months ago
Keeping Pickleball WEIRD, INEXPENSIVE and FUN? These GUYS are!
Blog9 months ago
Assistory Showing Support on Senior Assist Day